~Chapter 4~

Chapter 4

A small brown dog slouched along one of the alley walls on the opposite side of the busy streets. It sat and stared across at them scornfully as if he was asking them what they were doing in his territory.

“I’m helping you do this for there are things in this letter that you wouldn’t understand yourself. You have the knowledge and I have the letter. All i want now is for us to get the pieces and I’ll be content. That’s it. Seems easy enough right?” Trevor stated. He waited for her to reply.

“I’ll make my decision by tomorrow,”

“I’ll be on my way. You know where to contact me,” Trevor said as he left Megan alone in the streets of London.

“So I guess, I’ll just find my way home by myself.” Megan called out.

"You know your address right? You’ll be fine. See you.”

Megan surveyed the street she was on again and tried to think if any of them looked familiar but none of them did. She stepped in to the street and called out for a cab to take her home. She finally got the hang out it after trying 2 more times. The other people at her side had beaten her to it.

“Where to miss?” asked the cab driver.

“89th on Chesam Street, please.” Megan replied to the driver as he drove off into the city.

The drive was fairly short actually and it took only approximately 7 minutes to get back at her uncle’s place. Megan looked outside the window during the drive and she noticed that the sky had gone dark, the lights had been switched on in the buildings. The illuminated ads on the double decker buses, the light of cell phones pressed to hundreds of faces lit up the streets of the city. She could feel the warmth of the summer air seeming through the window. Everyone was moving so fast and it felt as though the world was in slow motion every time Megan glanced back. London was pulsing and glistening. She wanted to get out of the cab so bad and just be part of the crowd. It would have been a short walk any way but she just didn’t know how to get back. She had now made it her mission to go back and just walk in the streets of London carried along with the mass of people. She remembered last summer like it was last month and she had been pushed into some weird place. The thought of getting to do again made her even more nervous but she thought to herself. If she could do it last summer than she handle whatever was to be thrown her way this year. After all this is her second visit to London and she had progressed so much as a person throughout the last year in a good way. It was only a little after five o’clock in the afternoon and after Megan had paid the driver she decided to walk a bit around the streets near the town house.

~Author's Note~

This chapter is way shorter than normal. We created an updating schedule for the story which is Tuesdays and Thursdays! Who is excited to see Trevor perform this week?! Thank you everyone for all the votes and reads, we really appreciate them! If you want to talk to us message Megan on social media, Twitter: @ballerina1413 or Instagram: @dancerforlife14. Enjoy this chapter!