~Chapter 12~

Chapter 12

*At the restaurant*

Trevor opened the big rustic wooden door for Megan as they stepped into the small restaurant in Cannes. Megan was still holding the carnations in her arm. The blue envelope in the bottom of her bag, still unopened. The walls are a light blue color and the floor is a clean, white tile. The tables are set up in the middle and there is a little bar at the back as well.

"How many will be dining with us today?" the waitress asks.

"Just two," Trevor responds.

"Right this way then," the waitress responds.

The restaurant was fairly big considering it was in the middle of Paris. Megan would have never thought Trevor would bring her in such extravagant place. Actually let alone a place at all. A week ago she would have declined his offer the second he opened his mouth to speak. This week was definitely a whirlwind and Megan could hardly cope up with the trip. And now these feelings for Trevor decided to mess around with her head. Something was bound to go wrong.

"Is it okay to hold your hand?"Megan doesn't know what to say, but for some reason her head nods indicating a yes. Trevor's warm hand grabs Megan's colder hand and he firmly holds it with his own.

"Here is your table. I will be back shortly. Enjoy!" the waitress smiles.

Trevor releases Megan's hand and goes to pull out her chair for her. Megan gently sits in the chair and Trevor pushes it in for her.

"Thank you," Megan says shyly.

"You're welcome." Trevor says grinning.

"You've been a lot nicer when you're not making snide comments at me," Megan comments smirking.

"I guess so."Trevor glances at Megan as the light pours through the window hitting her making her face glow inside the restaurant.

The waitress approaches their table with an overly happy smile and a side of 'tude.

"Hello! I am Melissa your waitress for today! I'm so glad you guys chose to eat here. We have the best food in all of Paris, in my opinion. I mean I have been living here for all my life so I should know. Trust me you haven't made the wrong decision. So um what can I get you two to drink?"

Trevor clears his throat, "Can I have a hot lemon tea please?"

"Just water is fine." Megan replies.

"I will be right back with your drinks!" She says still smiling.

"Well, she is way too perky," Trevor comments breaking the silence. Megan tries to fight back a chuckle but she lets it out looking at Trevor from across the table shyly.

"She sure is," Megan laughs.

"Hey, listen, I know you still probably hate my guts, like you have since we first met and probably want nothing to do with me anymore since I gave you the letters but there's a reason why I asked you to come and talk to me and there's a reason why you agreed to come here too. So do you want me to go first or?" Trevor said never losing eye contact with Megan.

"Well you asked me here." Megan said bluntly not wanting to give Trevor the satisfaction of her explaining why she agreed to come here.

"I don't love you. -"Trevor said.

"That's a great way to start off the conversation." Megan interrupted.

"Wait, let me finish. I don't love you. But I don't hate you. Well I'm pretty confused on what I am actually feeling right now towards you, but I do know that I like you and I had to ask you to go eat today before we leave Paris. I know if I didn't do this then the whole trip would be the same and you grow to resent me. All I know is that I don't want that. So it's your turn." Trevor stated giving out a sigh at the end.

"I-" Megan managed to say but was interrupted.

"I have your drinks now! Your lemon tea sir! I made sure it was extra hot just like you asked. Here at Spring we have the best service. Here you go!" the waitress said coming by their table and setting Trevor's drink down.

"Wait, where's my drink? Did you forget it or something?" Megan asked giving the waitress a disapproving look.

"Oh yes you. Um I completely forgot. I'll get it soon. We're very busy and the water supply is... low at the moment." The waitress says looking at Megan the same way but without the perky mood.

"Okay, okay go on. Continue," Trevor said as he took a sip of his hot tea.

"I know a lot has happened in the course of the past week but I just don't think I can like you the way you like me. This trip has all been draining and crazy at the same time and you adding on to this doesn't make it even better. What I'm basically saying is that I don't want to start anything that I can't finish. I've been in this position before where long distance relationships don't work so if you mean what I think you meant then forget it. I'm so sorry. I'm so grateful that you gave me the letters and it does change my view of you but it's gonna take a lot more than that for me to like you. Please try and understand," Megan said never breaking eye contact from Trevor.

"I guess I understand. But I don't know what else I can do. Tell me," Trevor replied with a sad look on his eyes.

"I don't want you to do anything. Everything is good right now, where we go around trying to find the pieces together. Both knowing the same amount of knowledge. It's what I wanted and in the end we'll both be happy," Megan answered back trying to wipe the frown from Trevor's face.

"I'm not saying it will be easy but I don't understand why we can't give this thing a try. Who knows where we'll be in 2 weeks," Trevor said trying to fight a smile.

"Listen, I know where we'll be in 2 weeks. Home. Never making a contact ever again. I'll be off to college soon and I don't want to try and balance a boyfriend and my studies at the same time. This trip was a risk in itself already. I have tried to do have this kind of relationship in high school and it didn't end really well. College isn't gonna make it better. Besides its better this way. Trust me," Megan said giving off a sigh after she finished.

"Why do you always think you know exactly what's gonna happen? What if I told you I want something to happen? Will that ruin your plan? What if I said I wanted you to feel the same way I did? What if this wasn't at all what I thought out? What if I'll try to make it work when you're in college? What if I don't want to be another failed attempt for a boyfriend like Sam?" confessed Trevor.

"I'm sorry. You don't even know Sam. He was never my boyfriend. How many times do I have to tell you that? If you ever wanted to start anything between us than scratch that idea off your head. I wanted you to trust me and if you think I'm controlling than now I know that you don't like me for me. Who am I kidding? I knew going to this restaurant with you was a mistake. I'm leaving," Megan said getting up from her seat and holding her purse tightly.

Megan pushed her seat away and began making her way to the main door.

"Megan! Megan! Wait!" Trevor exclaimed trying to get Megan to look back at him though he failed miserably as Megan made her quick exit.

Trevor was now left alone, sitting at the restaurant table with an annoying waiter, cold tea, no letters, and without Megan.

~Author's Note~

Okay, so the restaurant part is kinda cute...but there are cuter parts to come. Sorry about the lack of updates, but I think I am gonna change the updating schedule to once a week because of all the assignments I have been getting at school. Sorry, again. But anyways, there are some pretty interesting things coming up and I am so excited for you all to read them! Hope you enjoyed this part though!