𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

After receiving his award, they took a family photo

After receiving his award, they took a family photo. Not only a mother and a son, but a photo with a father figure standing proudly beside him. It takes time for a heart to heal, that's what they always say, but in reality a heart learns how to cope with the damage that was caused. A heart adapts to the pain that was inflicted and it finally releases all the stress and worries.

They all had a smile on their faces, it lit up the whole room. Y/n was at her happiest, Ran was at his happiest and Suijin was too. A smile that we all long that it lasts forever, and that forever won't last long. Humans are dumb, they long for such thing as 'eternity' when it reality it doesn't exist. Humans don't realise that time has its limits, and they do too. All humans do is have hope. Such a futile thing.

They sunk their toes in the sand, Suijin was dipping his feet on the water and running away from it like a kid. After their celebration in the restaurant, they had decided to go to the beach for a walk.

There was a cool breeze, the sounds of waves dominated the sounds of the cars driving past. Y/n's heels were sitting beside her, she was cold. She felt the chill run up her spine causing her to shiver a little, sure she had a blazer on but that didn't stop the cold from entering her body.

Then, she felt a weight drop on her shoulders and she was pulled close by. "Don't want you to get a cold." His body was real close to her, his eyes were staring down at her whilst she looked up to him. She looks so vulnerable in his eyes, how she was so angelic compared to him. A beauty of an angel she was.

"Thank you, Ran." Oh how he felt so blessed to be called by her, soft lips drawing in the shape of his name. A soft voice that sings his name.

'Such kissable lips.' How he remembered how he would kiss those lips before they went to bed, how he kissed those lips when he woke up and saw her cooking breakfast and swarms her mouth with a kiss, how he kissed those lips to calm her down. Those kissable lips that looks more glossier because of the moonlight.

His left arm wrapped around her shoulder, he used his right hand to make her look at his face. He wanted to see again how pretty those eyes were, how kissable those lips were, how poke-able her cheeks were. "You're still a beautiful angel, Y/n." His calloused fingers, hands stained with civil blood, caressed the cheeks of an angel.

She was his angel. He was her devil. A match made in hell. She didn't know what to say, too stunned by his words she sat there frozen. Or maybe, she was too focused on looking at his amethyst eyes that she was lured to.

His finger reacher her bottom lip, her eyes never left his. The reflection of the moony lying upon the rippled water of the beach. "Mama! Look a sea shell!" Suijin interrupts their lovely session unintentionally. He was holding up a shell coloured with a pale pink with hints of lilac, it had a bumpy layer on the outside. Suijin places the seashell beside his ear.