[12] making amends

[CHAPTER TWELVE][making amends]

[CHAPTER TWELVE]
[making amends]

___________

There is an old saying that claims love is conquers all. And when the body snatcher was a little girl in his previous life, he truthfully believed it. Back then (as Ella Lawrence) he believed that all stories ended with a happy ending. Hell, he even believed mermaids existed. The values and beliefs one have durning their childhood isn't ideal and is far from reality. Klaus now knew that, yet it didn't make anything easier.

Instead, it made things even harder. It made it harder to face the consequences of the things he had caused. And since he needed to make some sort of amends for what he had done, it had led to him running away from his problems at the same time he acknowledged them. Or, perhaps running away isn't the best way to describe it, since he was solving some things. Klaus just waited with solving things between him and his siblings and admitting what he felt to Hayley 'til last.

At the moment, Klaus Mikaelson placed yet another finished pancake on the white plate before he poured pancake batter into the pan. He prepared breakfast for the she-wolf that was carrying his child, his jaw clenched as he tried to separate his feelings for Hayley and looking after her/their daughter. Klaus needed to be able to separate it, because otherwise it would be much harder to avoid it.

With his enhanced hearing, the body snatcher heard how Hayley's feet softly patted across the floor and then stopped by the kitchen island and was replaced by the sound of a chair moving. Despite his attempt to not give in, Klaus couldn't help but to relax by Hayley's mere presence in the room. He even let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

It was like that around Hayley Marshall: comfortable, somewhat peaceful and fun. Klaus even carved for her, everything from holding her close in a hug to sexual fantasies. He wanted to keep Hayley safe, to hear her laugh and see her smile, to be able to call her his. The original hybrid desired her, in all ways possible.

"Did you sleep well?" Klaus questioned as he placed a plate of pancakes in front of Hayley. There was nothing that prevented him from having small talks with her – he was able to keep Hayley on arms' length.

The pregnant werewolf took a bite of her pancakes coated with syrup, slightly shaking her head to answer the original hybrid's question. She hadn't slept well, at all. It wasn't because of nightmares, though. Hayley hadn't had any since the night she searched for comfort in Nik. No, instead it was because of something else.

"Night terrors?" the body snatcher asked, and he couldn't prevent himself from sounding worried nor was he able to hide the concern that was mirrored in his eyes. And in one way, it made Hayley want to stab Nik in the eye with her fork.