[prologue]

[PROLOGUE]

[PROLOGUE]

_____________

Isn't it a bit ironic how the ones who betray you the most are the ones that are closest to you? How it usually comes from the ones you weren't expecting to have a knife ready to be stabbed in your back. And for those who were close to Klaus Mikaelson, that saying really was something true. Because the original hybrid stabbed people in the back once they conspired against him or if he just became paranoid, or he simply wanted to have the end of a conversation with his siblings.

Of course, there were also other reasons he kept his siblings in coffins and stabbed them with the daggers. Like how Klaus knew his older brother Finn was suicidal and how he in a desperate way of not wanting to lose his older brother, kept him in a box for 900 years. Did it work? Did it help? Obviously not. But that was Klaus, thinking impulsively and then being hellbent on the thought that he did the right thing. No matter the consequences.

Ella Lawrence was all too familiar with Klaus Mikaelson, due to all the time she had spent in front of her TV or computer watching The Vampire Diaries or The Originals. Klaus Mikaelson was her favorite character in the whole tvdu and she has always had a huge crush on him ever since he made his first appearance in The Vampire Diaries.

Like many fangirls, Ella had imagined the possibility of being reborn into tvdu. Being given the chance to meet all the characters she loved. But never (and she meant never) had she even thought about waking up as Niklaus freaking Mikaelson. As the original hybrid himself. So now, the 18 year old girl was stuck in the body of a twenty-something year old male.

Ella didn't know if it made her transgender and neither did she know what she was supposed to think about it. The only thing Ella knew at the moment was that she was freaking out due to all the memories twirling around - all of the original hybrid's memories.

The body snatcher sighed, looking around at the bloody mess in front of him.

There were countless bodies laying on the floor, some missing hearts while others had other body parts or organs ripped out. And in some way, the body snatcher was horrified over what he had done. Sure, none of the men he had killed were innocent, hell, they were all people who had abused children or they were rapists. Yet, he couldn't believe he was behind the slaughter in front of him. That the red, sticky liquid on his neck, throat, face and clothes belonged to people he had killed. And at the same time, it was much less horrible than other slaughters Klaus Mikaelson had been behind.

The phone placed in his pocket on the inside of his jacket started to ring, vibrating against his chest as the caller refused to give up trying to reach him. Klaus just closed his eyes, letting out a frustrating groan at the sound of the constant ringing. Every little sound around him was so loud, and even though he had memories of handling the heightened abilities - it still wasn't something Ella Lawrence was used to.

Eventually he picked up the phone, silently groaning again as he saw that the caller was no other than Elijah Mikaelson. Klaus tried to touch the phone with his bloody finger, trying to decline the call as he didn't want to talk with his newbody's brother. Not now, not now when he was still trying to get used to the new terms "he, his and him", he couldn't act like a whole new person just hours after waking up as him. Not even when he knew every single characteristic of that person. Not even when his own personality was quite similar to Klaus Mikaelson's.

Apparently your finger doesn't have a touch on your phone if it's bloody - because no matter how much the body snatcher tried he couldn't click on decline. So instead, he had to listen to how the signals went by, and it was extremely annoying.

And at the same time, the body snatcher knew that within a few days he truly needed to accept the darkest parts within himself. Because that would be one of the main reasons no one would think about the possibility that he wasn't the real Klaus Mikaelson. No matter what happened, he couldn't allow himself to get caught. Because that would only lead to one thing; death, and it wasn't going to be pleasant.

And the new Klaus Mikaelson...well...he certainly didn't want to die.

___________