[06] the doctor appointment

[CHAPTER SIX][the doctor appointment]

[CHAPTER SIX]
[the doctor appointment]

_____________

At the moment, things seemed to be okay. The body snatcher knew that there was a huge possibility that it was going to change, but at the same time he wanted to be optimistic. It had been a couple of months since Klaus saved Hayley from Thierry, and things in the original hybrid's plan had begun to take place, small pieces falling into its places as Klaus came closer and closer to the goal.

Oddly enough, Rebekah decided to stay in New Orleans, without giving Nik a true answer to why. But the body snatcher didn't mind it, it would give him a true chance to repair things. Of course that had been his plan all along, but seeing his plan work was something amazing. Sure, over the few months that had passed there had only been some small changes between them, like how both of them were a little more friendly and how Rebekah seemed to believe that he wanted to change for the better.

Then there was Elijah, who had returned to the house two days after Hayley sneaked out of the house. And he as usual believed that he needed to keep Niklaus on the right path and as the good brother the body snatcher was, he let Elijah believe that. At least to a certain point, with room for showing that everything was going in the right direction.

Marcel was also one of the persons he needed to repair things with. And it had actually worked. They had patched things up and their father-son relationship had returned...or had been replaced with a much healthier one. They managed to play the witches, everything about their alliance was performed in the shadows. And soon enough, the witches were going to pay for threatening the life of an unborn child. Their plan wasn't to slaughter them. No, instead their plan was to slowly make them lose their control. Or that was more like Marcel's plan, since Klaus' secret agenda was to slowly make Davina Claire the regent of the New Orleans witches.

When it comes to Hayley Marshall there has been some progress. She had chosen to not go through with an abortion and that gave the original hybrid some sort of releif. Klaus had tried to spend as much time as possible with her, even when she had her annoying mood swings, he tried to show that he cared about her and their child's wellbeing. The pregnant werewolf had many times commented that "you're like an irratating dog who refuses to leave just because I gave you food once" and each time the body snatcher laughed it off, hoping that she was joking. Everything pointed to that, since each time Hayley said it she had some sort of twinkle in her eyes. Every morning the original hybrid looked forward to seeing her, even if it was just exchanging some small talks while he made her breakfast.

And every morning Hayley looked forward to catching a glimpse of Nik. He wasn't as harsh and rough as he had been in Mystic Falls and that made her intrigued by him. It seemed like he had a soft side, a side he had been hiding before and by each day that passed she could see more of it. Hayley wouldn't say that he had two personalities, but at the same time it kinda was. Hayley's view on it was that there were two sides of him; the armor he had built to protect himself from betrayal and then the man underneath.