[10] a night full of terrors

[CHAPTER TEN][a night full of terrors]

[CHAPTER TEN]
[a night full of terrors]

___________

People tend to view trust issues as a bad thing, that it's bad to not let many people in. But really, if you let too many people see the real you, you might start to rely on those people for your own happiness. To give your life a meaning. People bend and break all the time – especially under that pressure. It's never good for anyone to have another person relying the meaning of life on you. In all truth, you don't need anyone for that. What you need, is to find a balance between yourself. those you love and what you love, and that will eventually lead you to the meaning of life.

So really, that was why the body snatcher was careful with who to trust because he didn't want to be betrayed. Because of how he didn't want to reply on people that would let him down. Sure, there was still some he trusted, but there were just a few limited choices. And that, was what kept him alive - both psychically and mentally. It made sure Klaus didn't die, at the same time he understood what the meaning of life was.

And really, that was why he found himself talking with Marcel – because he wanted to protect his loved ones. Perhaps it wasn't the wisest choice to drink tons to alcohol while deciding how to eliminate their enemies. But then again, drunken words are just sober thoughts, right?

"I will not let them touch a hair on Davina's head, she is my kid." Marcel commented as he pointed his glass of bourbon at his adoptive father, believing that Klaus wanted to force Davina to be a part of the Harvest.

"I do believe we have a bit of a misunderstanding, Marcellus." the original hybrid replied as he took another sip of the strong alcohol in his glass. He spoke to his adoptive son by his full name only to irritate him, "I am not trying to force it upon her, she's sixteen for god's sake. I am not going to a child to participate in some sacrificial ritual."

"Aren't you a bit of a hypocrite now?" the King of New Orleans asked with a raised eyebrow, despite how he was glad that Klaus wouldn't force Davina into the Harvest ritual. The original hybrid's eyes narrowed at his adoptive son, aware that Marcel referred to the night he had broken the curse, how he drained every single drop of blood from seventeen-year-old Elena Gilbert to break the curse that bound his werewolf side.

"Seventeen is almost eighteen, it's different from sixteen." Klaus defended himself, his words only causing Marcel to roll his eyes. The original hybrid inhaled a deep breath as he tried to control his anger, "She was a month or two away from turning eighteen, that doppelgänger had done a lot of things that made her seem like an adult. That was a whole different situation."

"Fair point." the younger of the duo replied, "Still, why do you come with all of this now?"

The body snatcher sighed as he sat down in one of the armchairs. His hands rose to the base of his neck, trying to regain control over his own thoughts. He wanted to kill Agnes and the ones sharing her options as soon as possible, but if he didn't want to ruin his adoptive son's adoptive daughter's chance to become the regent of New Orleans or just Davina's chance of being a witch at all, Klaus couldn't kill any of them right away. And patience....it had never been his thing, in neither of his lives.