[03] deadly ploys

[CHAPTER THREE][deadly ploys]

[CHAPTER THREE]
[deadly ploys]

___________

Sweat poured down his body - but he hadn't been crying, due to how no tears lingered on his skin. Just pure terror spreading through him, afraid that his nightmare would come to life. Klaus closed his eyes for a few moments, letting out a sigh before he opened them again.

One thing that the body snatcher hated about becoming Niklaus Mikaelson was the nightmares, the unending nightmares of Mikael beating him. Either with a whip, his own hands, knives, a sword heated by fire....the list was too long. And the original hybrid couldn't even be sure if he was having nightmares about it because of how he had received a thousand years of memories at the same time or as if it was because of how OG Klaus had never moved past it.

He rubbed his chin, not being able to shake off the nightmare even though he was wide awake. So he just sat there, in his king-sized bed with the white sheets only covering his lower body. He hated it, hated feeling so utterly weak at the same time as he felt so goddamn powerful. None of it made any sense, and Klaus could only think about one thing he could do to take his mind off it.

After letting out yet another sigh, Klaus Mikaelson got out of bed even though he knew he had only been sleeping for thirty minutes. He walked over to his pencils and paint, picking some of it up before he moved over to the white and empty painting, starting to draw one of the things that were stuck on his mind.

He painted for hours on end, not even paying attention to how the sun rose. He wasn't even sure what he was doing, but it was as if the body had some sort of muscle memory, as if it believed that he indeed was the real Klaus Mikaelson. As if he had been painting different things for over a thousand years.

The body snatcher knitted his eyebrows together as he tried to get all the details right, feeling as if every single color needed to be correct. And to be honest, he didn't register that he had been painting teenage Hope Mikaelson. Once he realized that he had been painting someone that wasn't supposed to exist yet, even written down the date in the right corner, Klaus quickly hid the painting in his closet. Not having the heart to destroy it since it in one way was his first painting, ever.

He then noticed how there were countless messages on his phone, all coming from none other with Marcel. So after a quick shower, he started to make his way to meet Marcel. Only, once he rapidly made his way down the stairs he was stopped by Hayley Marshall.

"Hey, there isn't any food in the fridge." Hayley spoke up from the bottom of the stairs. Klaus turned to her, feeling like a complete idiot. When he had brought her here he had picked up some fast food for her, but at the same time he had forgotten to make sure there were groceries in the house. He had fucking forgotten it, even though he had only been a vampire for about a week.