[01] meetings & nostalgia

[CHAPTER ONE][meetings and nostalgia]

[CHAPTER ONE]
[meetings and nostalgia]

____________

Everyone has an urge to believe that there is something after death. It doesn't matter if you believe or believed in a religion, a mythology or some weird conspiracy theory. But once in your life, you believed and hoped that there was something waiting for you after death. Some people hold onto that belief, while it fades out in the sand for others. It truly depends, from person to person.

Among the things that belonged to Klaus Mikaelson in the hotel room the body snatcher woke up ub he had found a couple of things. For example he had found the letter Katherine Pierce had left for Klaus, which told him that the first episode of The Originals was near. The truth was that he hadn't even spared them a glance until after his little killing spree and after he had taken a shower to clean himself up (and the shower was very uncomfortable, if anyone was asking).

What he did next, after he had laid down on the giant bed and stared at the ceiling for a couple of minutes, OG Klaus Mikaelson's memories still flashing through his mind, he made his way towards New Orleans. He couldn't risk not being there when the plot started, not when there was so much at risk. And if he managed to arrive before the witches kidnapped Hayley Marshall - that would just be a bonus that would make things so much easier.

And then, the body snatcher stepped into Klaus' sports car, making his way to the state of Louisiana to make sure everything wouldn't go to hell. He wasn't sure if he would be able to fool everyone to believe he was the real Klaus Mikaelson - but what he did know was that he needed to try. Because if he wouldn't show up in New Orleans, there was a huge chance that Hope would never exist and that Hayley would die.

¤

When he arrived at New Orleans, he sadly figured out that Hayley was already gone. He had managed to find the hotel she had been staying in, but there was no trace of her. He had even gone to the bayou, only to find her destroyed car abandoned. Of course it made things far more difficult to handle, so while he silently cursed for himself, the body snatcher made a new plan. A plan that mostly targeted the witches at the same time as it would make things right with Marcel and hopefully prevent everything with Marcel that went down at the end of season three.

In a rapid yet unsuspicious and human pace, Klaus Mikaelson made his way to a bar, hearing how Marcel Gerard was singing inside. The body snatcher leaned against the wooden pole in the middle of the bar, looking over at his adoptive son with a skeptical yet unreadable expression. Even though he had watched the show multiple times, it was still weird to go from seeing the early 1900s Marcellus in his memories and then a hundred years later seeing him singing in a bar.