[08] a well needed talk

[CHAPTER EIGHT][a well needed talk]

[CHAPTER EIGHT]
[a well needed talk]

______________

Now and then, in his dreams there would creep up a vision - a quiet whisper in his head telling him to act, to make a move against his enemies, to write, to paint, to become. There were monsters plaguing his dreams, screams with pleas for mercy followed by the cold yet warm feeling of red sticky liquid against his body. In those dreams his own blood always leaked from the wound and it was caused by the same abuser that had haunted him for over a thousand years. Sometimes there was a beautiful and marvelous vision, one with his large handing holding a smaller one - a woman's. He could hear the woman's yell, how she clutched his hand so hard that it broke several times. And then both heard the cry from the tiniest little baby Klaus had ever seen in his entire life and how the woman talked to it in such a loving way. On top of all that, the baby was his - a child he shared with the woman that held his hand. But then, just a few moments later the dream always changed into a dark one, how the woman along with the child disappeared from the living, how all he was left with was their corpses and their blood stained on his clothes.

What do these nightmares have in common? Well, both are Niklaus Mikaelson's worst fears. One holding the demons he has tried to hide from ever since Mikael struck him for the first time while the other resembles his fear to fail both his child and the woman carrying it.

At the moment the original hybrid stood outside of the white house the Mikaelson family had once again claimed as theirs, his back pressed against the wall as a cigarette burned between his fingers.

He thought back to what had happened with Hayley, how afraid she had been. He knew it somehow was his own doing and that he needed to talk to her. But then again, he wasn't ready for that just yet. Klaus was going to, he truly was - just after Hayley had taken a shower. However, that was ruined once the werewolf had fallen asleep. So now he just killed time while he waited for Hayley to wake up.

The body snatcher didn't even know what to think anymore, his mind had started to become much more complicated than he first thought it would. His original plan when it came to being Klaus Mikaelson was to fix things for the better, to vanquish his family's enemies and kill them before they could even start to execute their plan, to improve his relationship with his siblings, to be a good father to the child Hayley carried (even though he wasn't even sure how he was supposed to be a father) and to have a more civilized and friendly relationship with Hayley. All those things were supposed to make it easier; he wasn't meant to be too caught up with Hayley's pregnancy or to feel the need to be close to her and be in her company as much as possible.

It didn't make any sense and to be honest Klaus had no idea what was happening.

The original hybrid hadn't even talked to Elijah since they went different ways in the bayou, knowing that his older brother now knew that he had sent him the wrong direction to make sure he was going to be the one to save Hayley and not Elijah. He didn't want to admit that action out loud nor did he want to face whatever theory Elijah had about his possessiveness over the girl carrying his child.