Chapter 23: War

"Faster! I said faster" Lalnable commanded his army of mechanical mobs as they tore through yet another peaceful valley village.

None of the villages fought back, they simply couldn't, overpowered by Lalnable's monstrous machines.

"Please sir, have mercy" The village elder pleaded hugging his young granddaughter tightly, a pair of dark mages holding them at wand point.

"Pfft, why would I show mercy to those who have no worth to me?" Lalanable hissed raising his hand to give the kill order but another noise broke through, the sound of wings.

Getting Lalnable's attention, the clone looked up the side of the shallow valley to see dozens of giant armoured owls fill the sky, their huge frames flying directly towards him, directly towards his army.

"But how?" Lalnable questioned before turning to his troops, "Look to the sky! Shoot them down! I will not lose!"

-~-

"Lalanable took the bait! The Owls are destructing him" Duncan shouted over to the waiting group.
"How long will it take him to figure out their holograms?" Lomadia asked stroking one of the real owls she had gathered from Owl Island.

"Not long, they will disappear when attacked" Xephos explained loading his laser gun.
"Can we go over the plan one more time..." Sjin asked holding his spell book in shaking hands.

Bonnie sat at the sidelines watching the main group leaders talk out the 'battle' plan.
After escaping Lalnable's lab the group split up as to gather everything they could for the upcoming battle.

Everyone had contributed something to the mini army to prepare to take on Lalnable.
- Lomadia had brought two dozen owl guardians, their huge size enabling a rider to fly on their back.
- Sjin and Nilsey had raided the old Magic Police station and made as many potions as they could carry; everything from potions of healing, to splash potions of poison.
- Kim and Duncan had flown back to Panda Labs and gathered as many weapons they could.
- Xephos and Honeydew, along with Hat Films collected an arsenal of weapons and exosuits from Yoglabs, and will the help of Strife they had managed to weaponise the exosuits.
- Then Martyn and Toby had brought
an army of forest elves, their forests in danger from Lalnable's never ending slaughter.
But for Rythian and Zoeya, they still hadn't returned from BlackRock.

"Bonnie you alright?"
Looking up Bonnie looked into Parv's dark eyes, the Blood Mage had also made preparations for the battle, his body covered with Blood Magic as he concentrated his magical energy.

"As alright I can be when I'm about to fight in a war" she admitted, a shiver running down her spine.
Parv sighed and sat down beside her, "I will protect you" he said and Bonnie shook her head, "Don't worry about me, just get you ass out of this alive".

"Okay everyone ready?" Xephos shouted, bringing the whole group to attention.
"What about Rythian and Zoey?" Lomadia asked, however the sound of large beings approaching their position made everyone fall silent.

"Who us?"
Bonnie looked up in awe as Rythian and Zoey retuned with their contribution to the war.

"Ummm what the hell is that?" Trott asked looking up at the huge mushroom golems that stood before them. Hundreds up on hundreds of red and white spotted golems, their purple eyes revealing the magic that powered them.

"Say hello to our Mushroom Golems, they are here to fight with us" Zoey said with a cheer, jumping from the shoulder of one of the beasts.

"Now that everyone is here, it's time!" Xephos said and the group nodded.

-~-

Some walking, some flying, Minecraftia's last hope slowly made their way to the valley edge where Lalnable still tried desperately to hit the agile owl holograms.