My Life(as a ghost) Chapter 10

"Well, look who's happy," Kandel says, finally back to her old self again. I give her an odd stare. She looked back at me, her eyes almost unfocused. I scream, jumping out of Tim's lap.

"What is it?" Tim starts, alarmed at my outburst. I take his hand, feverishly pulling at his hand. I struggle to pick him up, but he ends up standing up himself. I sling my head wildly, my hair getting in the way. I push it back roughly.

"Yes, what is it?" Kandel says roughly.

Tim stares at her, shooting daggers from his eyes. I should like to see those daggers fly through the air and pierce Kandel's heart. Well, not hers. Someone else's.

I drag Tim through the house, not knowing where I am going at all. I pass through old rooms, some layered in dust, making me sneeze.

"Here," I whisper to Tim. I nod toward a large chair that will easily hide us. He nods to me and we scramble behind it. I hit my knee on something and blood trickles out of the wound. Looking up, I see Kandel there, claws as her nails. She licks the blood drop sitting almost peacefully on one of her claws.

"Found you," she said, chilling me to my bones. No, it went farther than that. It went to my very core. The terror I felt was terrifying.

Tim twisted around, finally being settled and saw Kandel's face beside mine. He slung out his arm as if to hit her, but she caught the punch as if knowing the exact thing he would do. Not Kandel. Not now. I know what is happening. But there is nothing I can do. Only Tim knows, but there is no way I can tell him with her face beside me.

Seeing my fear, Kandel slowly traces circles on my cheek with her finger. For every swirl with her finger, more blood came pouring out. I pulled my face away quickly. Tim stays behind me, and he slowly put his arms around my waist and his legs around me. I know what he is doing, he's about to jump.

"No," I whisper toward him. He meets me with an astonished stare. He doesn't understand.

"Secrets are no fun without telling me," Kandel whispers. How I wish she would go away, but we must save her! Well, most of it would be Tim.

"Then I shall share!" I exclaim, startling her for a moment. But we do not take the chance to spring. "You are possessed Kandel. And not by a good spirit either. It is Candle. She is trying to take your loving friend. Do you want that? Hmm? For me to get taken away forever, and Candle to win all along," I watch as Kandel's eyes change colors, from hers to Candle's. But that last sentence broke the hold that Candle had on her, even for one second.

"I shall win," she panted out slowly, fighting Candle. Oh, I knew that would work. Candle taking over was not in her agenda. But, we were not done. This would not be simple.

"Tim," I yell over the inner fight inside Kandel, "Get your potions!" Tim gave me a wary glance, "Or medicines, whatever you want to call it. Just save Kandel!"

Tim, my wonderful Tim is only just getting it. His mind slowly wraps around the single strands that I have given him. For a few moments, he doesn't move. I worry that it may be too late. But he finally gets up and runs.

I watch the battle between Candle and Kandel, wishing there was something that I could do. Finally Tim runs and hands me a blue valve.

"What do I do?" I ask him.

"Just get it in her mouth," he says quickly. I follow his gaze and see that Kandel is losing the fight. I need to give her the concoction now. I nod to Tim and he runs over to Kandel's body and pushed her mouth open, much to the dismay of Candle.

"No!" she shrieks but Tim isn't a man for nothing. His muscles bulge with the effort and I quickly open the valve and pour the liquid into her mouth.

For a second, nothing happens. It is as if the world has stopped. But I know it hasn't because I can hear my heart beat in a steady rhythm. At last, something happens. But it isn't what I expected.

I thought that once the concoction was in her body, Kandel would instantly be free. But she started to spasm. I looked over at Tim and he seemed calm, if you could call it that. But this seems like what he was expecting. I see his trying to secure her limbs to the floor, so I help.

"Wouldn't want her to get hurt," he strains through closed teeth.

I groan as the last spasm subsides. I look at Kandel, but she seems unconscious. I try not to freak out. Looking at Tim for guidance, he looks down at her and touches her forehead. I watch her eyes, hoping for a flutter. When there is nothing but the steady rhythm of her heartbeat, I start to fret.

I see something out of the corner of my eye. Turning my head quickly I see Candle there as well, lying unconscious on the floor beside me. I take her hand and push it to find her pulse. It wasn't there.

"Um, Tim," I said. I guess he heard the worry in my voice because he turned quickly to me, leaving Kandel there all alone. I pointed to Candle's wrist, "She has no pulse!"

"Oh, Tandra, ghosts don't have any pulse," he pulled me into him but I struggle away.

"Wait!" I cry, now exasperated. "How come we bleed then? Why did I not know this? I would have thought that since I was the one shot that I would be told about it!" I look at him and he seems worried. Like I might burst under his fingertips. But, oh, I most definitely was not fragile.

"Calm down," he tries to reassure me with a gentle rub on my back but it doesn't help at all. "You have one," he says calmly, like this happened every day.

"What!?" I screeched at the top of my lungs.

"Let me explain," he says, and I start to see frustration through his calm mask.

"I've been trying to get you to explain!"

"Aw, are Mommy and Daddy fighting?" says a high pitched voice beside me.

Through our frustration, we hadn't noticed any movement. Especially not Candle moving to stand. She raises her arms and a thundering light blasts through the room. Finally, my fear comes out. I scream. Oh, do I scream.

Finally, the seconds seemed to stretch into minutes but I still screamed. A hand rubbed my back but I ignore it, screaming as much as I can.

"Calm down," a calm, reassuring voice whispers in my ear. It's Kandel and I realize that the whole time I've been screaming my eyes were squeezed shut and I missed a fight. Oh, and was there a fight.

All of Tim's belongings were thrown over the room, everything that would seem unbreakable was broken. The sofa was torn and broken into four pieces. The large oak table in the center of the room is split in two...the list goes on.

"What happened?" I ask, my voice croaking from soreness and exhaustion. "Water," I croak this time, swallowing as much saliva as I can, feeling the spit flow down my throat and making it feel even more sore.

"Okay," Kandel says. She stands up and walks away, her hands brushing her clothes to get the dust and the splinters off of her clothes. She smiles at me reassuringly.

I try to smile back, but my lip breaks and I suck on the wound for a while until I hear Kandel's footsteps outside the door.

Lifting my head up I see her walk back in and set the glass of water in my hands. "Thanks," I muttter through the large gulps of water. Feeling suddenly revived, I set down the empty glass, smile at Kandel, and conk out right there into her lap.

Boy, what a big day it's been, and oh, it's not even over yet.