My Life(as a ghost) Chapter 7

Chapter 7 

I woke up this time for real. I knew that I had had a couple of false alarms. Has that ever happened to you? Wake up in your sleep; fall asleep in your sleep? Of course, you probably don't remember it. 

"Are you really awake this time?" Kandell whispered over me. I guess she had had a couple of false alarms too. 

"Owww!" 

I screamed out as I tried to sit up on my elbows. A pain rippled across my chest as if a boulder had smashed slowly and painfully across my chest. I creaked out a groan this time and almost went under into unconsciousness. I seemed to be doing that a lot. 

I fell back onto my back and gasped for breath. 

"Kandell? Is she awake?" Tim called out from nearby. 

"What do you think? Who else could make a scream as loud as hers?" Kandel scoffed. 

I had no idea what she was talking about. I was just trying to figure out how to get rid of the pain. I looked down at the bandages, and say they were full of blood... and so was the shirt. 

"Aw man!" I muttered, "I ruined Tim's shirt." 

I stared at it a little longer, and then tried to figure out how to get the boulder off of me. I lifted my arms, and found they moved faster than I thought. They flung out and slammed onto my chest. 

My back arched in pain as another bolder smashed into me. My lips creaked open but no noise came out. I felt a vessel break in my eye. Then another. 

"Tim?!?!?!?!?" Kandel screamed at Tim. "Get you freaking' butt in here! You moron. She's about to kill herself!" her face hovered over mine. 

I could barely see her. All I saw was blood pour over everything I saw. 

Snakes hissed in the corner, a bear roared in laughter at the door, wolves, polar bears, man eating any things swarmed over me, screeching and howling ready to eat me. 

"Hallucinations," a voice groaned. "She won't be able to see us." 

I heard screaming, and then found it was me. 

A sharp pain went into my arm, like a needle biting my skin. I looked over and saw a snake perched on my bed. Its sharp tongue snaked outward and touched my skin. It felt cool. 

I started to calm down, though I could still see man eating things all around me. 

Another flick of the snake's tongue and it disappeared, as if it were never there. 

I looked around and saw that Tim's anxious eyes peering at me. I averted my eyes, not thinking of how cute he was. But, as always, once you saw him, you couldn't stop. My eyes looked at Kandel and then back at Tim. and some more at Tim. then some more. 

I was amazed he never looked away, but he didn't. Finally, Kandel cleared her throat. 

"Um, I hate to interrupt the moment here," Tim immediately looked away, as if nothing had happened, "but she almost killed herself. I don't think, or hope, that I am the only one who wonders why that is so. Explanation please." 

He sighed and scratched his head. 

"First, we need to change the bandages. You do it how I showed you Kandel. I'll go get another of my old shirts." 

He backed out of the room and closed the door behind him. 

Kandel crossed the room and got the bandages from a drawer in the back corner. She sighed and took off my shirt. Then, she slowly peeled off the bandages, carefully making sure not to touch my skin. 

Then when all of those were off, she cleaned the wound with an antibiotic. There was no pain at all, just numbness. I guess Tim gave me a shot. She rewound a clean piece of bandage onto me, and she put it away the rest. 

Tim walked through the door, just as Kandel put away the rest of the bandages. 

"Here," he said, holding out the shirt he had picked out for me. 

His eyes were averted down. He wouldn't look at me. That was fine with me though. It was weird being half naked in front of another person, especially a boy! 

"Thanks," I muttered. 

The shirt was soft and blue this time. I put it up to my face and rubbed it back and forth across it. I groaned. This shirt reminds me of an old life. A brief flash back came at me. 

I dug through my closet. Nothing! Where would I find a perfect shirt for the dance? 

"Dad!" I hollered. 

He ran in holding my light/sky blue shirt. It was plain. Nothing on it, but I loved it. It was my favorite. The dance was formal (thank goodness!), so I knew I could wear this shirt. 

"There it is!" 

I snatched the shirt from his hands and he grinned. 

"Knew you would be looking for this shirt." he walked out of the room. 

The flash back vanished and I came back into reality. I saw Tim staring at me. Straight at me. 

"What?" I said defensively. 

His eyes were shocked, like I had just done something nobody had seen before. 

"What?" I repeated when I didn't get an answer. 

I sighed then turned to look at Kendal to see if she would give me an answer. Her eyes were as big as golf balls. Then I remembered the flash back. Ghost can hear one another's thoughts. Sooooooo, they know what I just saw!!!! 

I rolled my eyes. I thought all this stuff that happens to me is just a thing that happens to all new ghosts. 

"It doesn't," Tim barely whispered. 

"So?" why am I the one so interesting? Kandel is prettier than me anyway. 

"Shut up!" Kandel said. 

It was then that I realized I had thought out loud. Great. Now she would hate me forever. Well, not hate me. Just be annoyed with me and mad at me, for a while. 

"Stop looking at me like that!" I hollered. 

I pushed my lip out and raised my eyebrows. They were just going to have to get used to my ugliness and weirdness. 

"You are soooo, not ugly!" Kandel wailed, like she was exasperated. 

I rolled my eyes. They just don't get it. When I was alive...then i lost my train of though. What was it like when I was alive? 

"I can't remember anything else." I whispered, "Just that little flash back, or whatever you call it." 

I then heard Kendal's train of thought. It was on Tim. 

"Focus Kandel!" I needed help here. 

"She is right." Tim agreed with me. 

Kandel blushed and glared at me. 

"We need to talk. Tim, go." he nodded and left the room. 

"Come on, Tandra! Don't embarrass me like that! So what if I like him!" she had lowered her thoughts, hoping to keep Tim out of the conversation we were having. Personally, I don't think it worked. I think he can hear thoughts from miles away. 

"So true," she said, "but it makes me feel better. To have him out of the room while we talk, I mean." 

I nodded solemnly. It DID help to have him out of the room. 

"Come on in, Tim." she whispered. 

He floated in, not making a noise. 

"Let's get down to business. We need to talk about this, thing. I don't even have a word for it." Tim said. 

That is news.