My Life(as a ghost) chapter 1

Chapter 1

I looked around and tried to figure out where I was. What had happened? I don't even know anymore. All I know is that I am in a hole. A dark hole with no beginning and no end. No emotions, no movements, just thoughts. Thoughts that float about in the dark, seeking for a place to go, but there is no ground, no sky, and no walls.

It just floats of into nowhere.

"Hello? Tandra?" someone's thought called out to me. Wait. Is it to me? Who is Tandra anyway? I've heard it from somewhere.

"Hello?" I called back. Not knowing if I should or shouldn't, but going with it anyway.

"There you are! I've been looking for you for 3 years. Jeez. How bored you must be."

"What? Who are you? I have only been here for a couple of seconds. How could I have been here for 3 years?" I was so confused. How are you supposed to tell time in this pit?

"Well, you have to have a watch of course!" she exclaimed.

At least I think it is a she. She never answered my questions! She/ he is stalling!

"Of course not!Silly. My name is Candle. Now, don't mistake me for Kandel. I am nothing like her. That warthog! Uh!"

"I do have a watch but it isn't working. There is no tick or anything. I can't even see you. Or me." I am still confused.

"All right, just stop speaking such loud thoughts. you don't have to yell." I'm not. I thought really loud, just to get on her nerves.

"All right, all right. Just stop. We have these watches that are called stopes. They kind of glow, but you can't touch them. And," I interrupted her thoughts.

"And why not?" I asked.

"Why not what? And it is rude to interrupt someone."

"Whatever. And I was asking why we can't touch them."

"Well, you can' touch anything for that matter. You are a ghost."

"Pshh. stop kidding around. I am serious." I told her. I tried putting my hands on my waist but couldn't move.

"No, you stop. You should already know all of this. You.Are. A ghost." she spoke slowly, trying to drill it into my brain.

"Well, I don't. So, how am I supposed to know any of this? I just woke up here."

"That is odd." she sounded very, very thoughtful. I could almost imagine her stroking her beard, if she had one.

"No," she moaned. "This can't be! We must see Kandel right away!" she grabbed my hand that I hadn't felt before and I blinked and I was in light again. And I could move!

I looked side to side in a neon orange room with a yellow desk and a lime green chair. I sat down in it and jumped up with a yelp as something cold passed through my body. I unconsciously shivered and sat down again. The cold was gone, replaced now with warmth as if someone had been sitting in the lone chair.

"Hello?" I called out, this time with my mouth.

"Well hello Tandra. My name is Kandel." I looked toward where the sound was coming. And saw. And saw.

NOTHING!