My Life(as a ghost) Chapter 6

Chapter 6

This time when I woke up again, I was in the air, just kind of floating there. It was a weird experience. I felt like I was weightless.

"Finally!" Kendall said, "I have been sitting here FOREVER!" she practically hovered over me. This was when I noticed she was floating too.

"Where are we?" I asked. "And how are we floating?"

She looked at me like I was crazy. Maybe I was. Maybe this was a dream.

"Don't start that crap again!" she spit at me. "You know you are not dreaming and you better not forget that again."

I sighed and looked down at my feet. "So how are we floating, anyway?"

She looked at me like I was crazy again.

"Floating?"

"Yeah, that is what I just said."

"So...now you can float?"

"Um, you are floating too."

She looked down at herself. "Well, I know that. I have been dead for many a century. I lost count how many by now. It is hard to keep track of time. And anyway, only the older ghosts can float. I can't believe I didn't notice before! Do you know why?"

She looked lost in thought, and by then I knew she was talking to herself, but I answered her question anyway to remind her I was there too.

"IDK," I replied back.

"IDK?" she answered. "What does that mean?"

"UH! Who doesn't know?"

"Let me remind you, I don't come from your century."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay. I don't know."

"Wait. You never answered my question."

"Yes I did. It means "I. Don't. Know." I separated the words into separate sentences for emphasis.

"Fine then. Okay, well, what about the floating." I asked her.

"Well," she looked back into deep thought, "It seems that you are a soul seer, and a hummer."

"A hummer?" I looked at her incredulously. How was I ever going to get used to these new terms.

"Yeah. Hummers are ghosts who are natural floaters. They learn to float on the first century of being a ghost. But it seems you are a very, very early developer. Who are you anyway?"

"Um, I think you already know that."

"True. But nobody has ever been like you. You are an oddball."

"I always have been." I replied back sourly. "Ever since I learned to run."

"So what are we doing now?" I asked.

"We? I think you mean you!" Kandel looked at me surprised.

"Just me? What is going on anyway?"

"You will see, you will see." she gave me an evil grin, and then knocked me out. It seemed like I would be doing that alot lately.

This time when I woke up, I was in the darkness again. I guess I would never escape it. I looked around and saw that Kandel was beside me too. She had a bruise spreading along her brow. I shivered. Whoever could do something to her was a horrible person. Or ghost. Then I felt my killer headache.

"Uh," I groaned as the full force hit me.

"Sorry," Kandel looked at me ashamed. "I had too. The queen was coming. You know what would have happened when she saw you!"

"Actually, no I wouldn't" I groaned at her, forcing the words through my teeth. "Do you have any Advil?"

"Um, no? Why? Do you have a headache?!" she screamed.

"Yeah. A killer one too," I nodded my head sullenly.

"Okay. Well then. She did do some damage to you. Not good. We need to get you back to Tim."

"Tim? Why? I don't want to go," the headache started to become worse. I was loosing consciousness.

"Okay, okay. Let's goooooooo!" I screamed out the last part as a new pain roiled across my head.

"That was what I was trying to tell you! Come on." she grabbed my hand and pulled me up. I tried to stand but found I couldn't. I briefly thought of Candle, but ignored it. I had important matters on my hands. My see through hands.

"I. can't stand." I said through gritted teeth.

"Okay," she pulled me up and swung me into her arms.

She started to sprint, and then leaped up in the air. If there was any. There was a brief flash of reds and blues, then we were back at the place where I first met Tim. he looked better than normal. Even though I had only met him once. No, I wouldn't think of him that way. He didn't like me. Nooooo! I tried to stop my thoughts. Finally, I got them under control. Kandel looked at me nervously.

"Are you alive? Speak!! I can't hear your thoughts! Speak!!!!!!" she shrieked at me.

"Yes, I am alive. What? Wait. You can't hear my thoughts?" I sighed in relief. But I'm still going to keep my thoughts under control. It wouldn't help if Tim could hear them. I mean, he was OOOOLLLLDDDD.

"Uhhhhhh!" I screamed out loud. I almost couldn't take it anymore. I then realized this whole time Kandel had been moving and I was now in Tim's arms.

I started to shake and shiver. It was cold. Too cold.No. Don't let me die!!!! I stared up in horror, not really knowing what I was seeing. It was odd.

He started to strip off my clothes. No! Don't do that! I brought up my hand, thinking I was still strong, and found it weighed ten pounds! I still brought it up and swung his hands away and started to button back up my blouse.

I stared now in horror at myself. My hands were swelling masses of red. No. I couldn't take it this time. I passed out cold. And I mean literally cold. I think I was still shivering.

My eyes were closed but I could hear. I didn't have the strength to open my eyelids.

"Why did you take off her clothes?" I heard Kandel whisper cautiously.

"This danger looked like it came from a bullet. In the chest it seemed. Her head started it, so it seemed more likely to be closer to the head. And it was effecting the heart faster than I have ever seen, so I knew it was a chest wound," he said matter of factly. So glad he felt that way.

"Are you getting it out? That seems like an awful lot of blood." Blood? That made my eyes flutters open. I stared down at my bare chest, gathering all of the blood spurting out of the wound. In all that red, I could see a little gray lump in the middle, spurting out a gray mist.

I looked bewilderingly at Tim and Kandel. I couldn't believe this! I saw they had masks on, and saw the mist everywhere around them.

That was when my brain fully processed the pain.

"Huh?" I gasped, myself not understanding why it hurt?

I saw Tim's expression. Full concentration.

"Got it!" he exclaimed happily, as he pulled up the tweezers with the bullet in it. He located a small button on it and pressed it. The mist immediately vanished. Kandel and Tim pulled off their masks and looked down at me. Tim's a little embarrassed.

"Sorry," he mumbled, then looked away to look for some bandages.

He came back with them, and instructed Kandel to lift up my body.

It hurt a little, but not much. I watched his face as he slowly wrapped them around my chest. He pressed softly down so that it wouldn't hurt. The blood blossomed out. It was then that I wondered why I even bled.

How do ghosts bleed?

"Thanks," I muttered, finally exhausted from the pain. I had enough strength to put on one of Tim's old t-shirts, and then I finally dropped down into sleep.