My Life(as a ghost) Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I couldn't stand it. I kept thinking it over and over again. And every time I said it, somewhere, a ghost would be clear to me. The whole place was packed in with them. I couldn't even see the walls anymore. People were standing on top of each other!

"Candle!!!" I screamed over the roaring crowd. The noise was almost unbearable. There were too many people in here at one time.

A small figure separated from the crowd. She looked small but very wise and very powerful. It looked like she could kill something or someone with her pinky.

"Now don't think such foul thoughts. Candle left. It was getting too packed in here. She would have loved to stay though. And let you see her for yourself. Well, I guess I haven't introduced myself. I am Kandel."

"You? But you look nice and friendly." I said, confused. Thinking now of what Candle had said of her.

"Me nice? I don't look gory and hideous with a ring on my tongue? Not to you?" she waited for an answer.

I shook my head.

"To me, you look like a small blonde haired girl with stunning blue eyes and a tint of pink on your cheeks. You are wearing strapless black dress with ballet flats on.

Kandel looked at me, and then passed out.

The murmuring and pointing at me stopped. There was just stunned silence now. Nothing but stunned silence.

"Hi everyone," I said nervously with a little wave. Complete silence, then utter chaos.

People pulled out cell phones, some disappeared, and some even came up to me and just stood a couple feet away from me and stared.

There was a flash in the room and the chaos disappeared. There was awe in the room now. I just felt disgusted. A person flashed into the room with blinding light and stepped off of the light. The light disappeared. The lady had dirty hair, filthy skin as if she hadn't washed in days, and the smell of rotting eggs.

"Ew," I said simply, raising my eyebrows at the lady.

"Excuse me?" she questioned, "I do believe you should say, welcome your majesty."

"You?A queen?" I guffawed. "Ha, you look like a complete junkie. You wear rags on your back. And hair that could never be tamed. No matter how long you brushed it." I raised my eyes, daring her to retort back.

Everyone was staring back and forth at me then the so called queen, waiting to see what would happen next.

"People, disperse!" she ordered, and all of the ghosts disappeared.

"Aw, you scared you are going to get embarrassed?"

"No, I just don't want them to see your second death, you soul seer. You told them all about my real soul. Told them how everything I have put up for them is a lie."

"What are you talking about? Soul seer. I just see a filthy person."

Surprise crossed her filthy features, and just for a second, I saw a glimpse of what everyone else saw. She was utterly and indescribably gorgeous.

"Oh, so you don't know who you are. Did you just die?" she motioned me toward her, but I stayed planted where I was. Not trusting her in the least bit.

"Yeah. Why do you care?"

"Oh dear. I do believe I have made a bad impression. Come on dear."

"I will not go with you. Not at this time." I grumbled at her.

"What is that you say?" I knew what she was getting at. Allowing me to take back what I said. But that is not how I roll.

"I said I will not go with you. Not at this time," I felt satisfied. I crossed my arms across my chest and stared knowingly into her barely controlled raged face.

"UHHH," moaned Kandel. I helped her up. She wobbled a bit, and as I watched her eyes focus, I saw her face turn to fear as she stared at the queen.

"Uh, let's go." she whispered in my ear. And with that, she grabbed my hand and we disappeared back into the darkness.