My Life(as a ghost) Chapter 8

Tim brought in a chair and set it down on the floor in front of me. I was starting to feel a whole lot better since Tim had given me these things that looked like medicine, but Tim had called some weird name in Latin...at least I think it was Latin.

"Okay, so let's talk," Kandel said, perched on the edge of the sofa I was laying on.

"Yes, let's," I said with mock happiness.

"Let's talk about how abnormal, and beat up, and hideous I am."

I raised my eyes at her, prompting her to continue on. Tim cleared his throat and raised his eyes at me, but didn't say anything. Finally, the silence got too much to bear.

"Fine, just talk. What is so weird about me that yall find so interesting?"

"Um, first let's start with how you remember stuff about how you were as a human." Tim said quietly.

"Yeah, I thought that was supposed to be normal. And aren't I still human, just a dead human?"

"No, you have other powers as a ghost. So technically, you are nothing like a human. Kandel said, not letting me get off track.

"Well first, if I remember correctly, you are the first to ever do that so early in their life. Most ghosts learn about their human lives after many centuries. It always varies though. The earliest ever recorded for some ghost to remember is two centuries...are you still with me?" Tim said as he paused.

"Sure, whatever." I shook my head to clear it of anything than the problem at front. But all they seemed to think was that it was amazing, not a problem at all. I, for example, think it is really weird that they think that.

I thought over all of the things that Tim had said. It was weird though, how my thoughts just kept on drifting back to Kandel. I didn't want competition over Tim. That is it! I will just let her have Tim.

"May I come in?" Tim knocked on the door to the bedroom he had let me borrow until I got better.

"Whatever," I averted my eyes to the floor as he walked in.

"I need to talk to you about something," he said cautiously as I sat up from lying down on the bed.

The pain was almost numb now, so it didn't hurt so much to sit up now.

"Shoot for it," I said and put my hands in my lap, still refusing to look at him.

"What did you see when you saw the queen?"

I looked into his eyes. He looked honestly curious. So I shrugged.

"First all I saw was ugliness, dirt, and more ugliness." he giggled at that. Giggled!

I continued to tell him the whole story. When I was done, he looked thoughtful.

"So, how long have you been dead?" he asked me.

"According to Kandel, I was dead for 3 years before she found me, and then again, I had just opened my eyes." I raised my eyebrows, just surprised we could have a conversation so easily like this.

"Interesting," he stroked his chin, and I giggled this time.

"What?" he looked surprised.

That was when it happened again.

"Well, well. Another good progress report." my dad stroked his chin, since he didn't have a beard.

"Well, since you are 13 I guess you will get what you want."

My eyes lit up. "You mean you'll give me the laptop!? Really?"

"Really," he smiled.

"You okay?" Tim said.

"Who are you?" I looked at him shocked, the flash back or whatever it is called, lingered on my mind.

"Remember me? Tim?"

"Yes!" I said, the flood of events flooding back through the dam.

"Did you see what I saw?" I asked Tim.

"Maybe," he said with a hint of a smile. "But I think I can give you some answers now."

"What?" I patted the space beside of me on the bed as I looked at him, eagerly awaiting answers. My emotions forgotten, I prompted him again when he hesitated.

"Tell me!" I hopped up and down when he sat down beside me.

"Okay, so I don't know if it's correct or not, but I hope it is. I have a pretty good idea."

"Get on with it," I interrupted him.

He smiled again, "Kay. Well, I think when you see something here that prompts something you have seen in your live life it gives you something called a seeing. I know it sounds cheesy but that is what it is. There are a lot of people like that though. They are just a little older than you." he paused.

"Wait. In life or in death."

"Death, sorry, I should have explained that better." Tim said, quickly blushing.

"It's fine. So go on." I prompted him.

"Kay, so, the people are way older than you and have had a little bit of training trying to get it to even go a few minutes which you have already surpassed. Now, to add with being a seer, a hummer, and a soul seer, you could be really powerful."

"So that is why Candle had said that I was supposed to save the world. And anyway, what happened to Candle." I questioned him.

"Um, I was hoping you would forget her. I have some spies for me and they said she is on the queen's side. I am so sorry." Tim patted my shoulder as my face fell.

"I really am."

I just shook my head.

"Is that all you came to say?" I asked him, ready for him to walk away and leave me alone for some time.

"Not yet. I have to tell you something," he seemed really nervous, and that picked up my interest a little.

"What is it?"

"I need to tell you. I love you Tandra. Okay, I said it." he looked at me while my eyes lit up and a huge grin spread across my face.

"I love you to Tim."

I grabbed his shirt and thrust him toward me, my emotions allowing me to be even happier than I had ever been before.

I kissed him with such force, that I bet I could push a mountain down. I thrust him down on the bed and we kissed some more. Finally, he pushed me away, both of us gasping for breath.

"Go to bed Tandra. Too much excitement is bad for you." he left with a twinkle in his eyes.

As he left the room I smiled at the ceiling.

I closed my eyes and fell into a fitful sleep dreaming of nothing but Tim. It was like all of my worries had washed away. But when I woke in the morning, new worries were cascading down upon me.