My Life(as a ghost) Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I walked around the room wondering what to do. I was just sitting here. With nothing to do. I looked at the desk and took a deep breath and walked towards it. I wondered what was inside. I tried the first drawer and it was empty. I tried the others, but they were locked.

I looked throughout the room, looking for the key. I didn't know why I wanted to, but I just felt drawn to open up the drawers. It felt important. I was going to follow my gut. I saw something in the corner of my eye. I turned toward it and saw what it was. The key.

I bent down and pick up the small golden key and went toward the desk. I was ready to open the drawers. I fit the key into the small keyhole on the top drawer I had just recently opened. I heard a small hiss and the drawers all slowly opened. Except for the top one.

I tried it, but this time it was locked. I looked into the first open drawer and it was empty, so I slammed it closed. I looked in the second one and it was empty, so I slammed that one closed too. They were all like this except for the very last drawer. There was a whole stack of pictures and note cards. The first one had my name on it.

Tandra: age: 15

Gender: female

Cause of death: stabbed

There was a picture of me. Lying on the ground next to a Chevrolet. There was even a man beside me, a knife protruding from his chest. It all seemed so familiar, but I didn't know what it was from.

Everything was so weird. They were trying to confuse me. That was it. Yeah. I am in the future, and the people are just talking through microphones. I had almost convinced myself, until I looked around the room. Nothing.Just the bare furniture. I started to get nervous, but I ignored it.

I shuffled through the rest of the pictures, not looking at the gory ones. They were all the same as mine. The name, gender, and cause of death with a picture of it.

I was finally accepting it. I knew what it was. I was a ghost. It came to me like that. I took the fact calmly until I remember the name of this place. The place of no life. That is what it is called. No Life. I lived here now. All those people in the pictures too. Now thinking about it, they all were murdered. None of them said anything like

Cause of death: died in sleep

Cause of death: natural causes

And also, there were no animals or pets either. Just people that were murdered. That is what happened to me. I was murdered.

"Come play with me Tandra," a little voice called out to me. More voices echoed her own. I fell to my knees. This couldn't be happening.

I AM DEAD!