021 : SHOT

***

***

"YOU BETTER TALK OR I WON'T OPEN THIS GODDAMN DOOR!"

You flinced when you heard Katsuki shout from the other side of the door. You look at Kaminari who was at the farther end of the room, looking out the window not saying anything.

You sighed. Tokoyami asked you if you can accompany him outside to train and you agreed since you have nothing better to do and suddenly you found yourself in this room and little did you know Kaminari was also locked up in here.

Probably this is their way to make you and Kaminari talk. Well they can stay locked up in this room and have the others wait for thwm to finish up but they will be waiting for a long time since Kaminari seems to have no plans talk-

"Y/N, can we talk?" Kaminari said waking you up from your thoughts.

"Huh?" Was the only thing you managed to say.

He stood up and sat next to you. "About what you said yesterday, was it true?" He asked in a low voice.

Ashamed you looked away and only nodded as an answer.

Silence enveloped again.

"You know how we're friends since kinder right? I found you pretty, you were bragging about your quirk which annoyed a lot of our classmates back then but for me you were cool. I approached you then and we became friends." He chuckled at the thought. You slowly looked at him and saw he was looking yet again at the window.

"You know me. I wouldn't befriends you for a reason. At a young age, I knew how to appreciate beauty and I appreciated you. You were so cute back then. Consider it as me telling you I had a crush on you when we were in kinder." He laughed.

You laughed along with him, finding it cute.

"We became close then we found out you were just a few blocks away from my house that's when we started to go to school together. I don't know if we're lucky or what but we have the same class too. We ate lunch together, went to arcade after class together. Did assignments together. We were always together." He stopped then looked at you. You felt your heart stop beating as his eyws were serious. The moon's light wasn't helping as Kaminari looked glowing as of now. It made you fall for him more.

"It wasn't hard liking you Y/N." He said and your heart completely stopped beating.

Your heart sank. "Am I too late? Should I have confessed when we were in first grade?"

Kaminari laughed. "That's not what I mean dummy. I meant I liked you. When we were in elementary I may still have a huge crush on you. You were fun to be with. Understanding, smart and pretty. I couldn't write down the reasons why I liked you because despite how many paper you give me it wouldn't be enough."

You blushed.

"When we were in high school that's when I started to get scared. I was scared of losing you. I was scared that you'll run away when you found out that I liked you. So I found ways to not think of my feelings for you. I talked with other girls, kept watching vlogs of women on youtube. Then I was successful, I forgot what I felt for you."

Your heart sank because of what Kaminari said. You are late. If only you confessed to him years ago. You liked him then also, how come you didn't notice the feelings were mutual then?

"When I asked you who you liked, that day, I felt scared. I was terrified of the idea that you did in fact like someone. I didn't want to lose you. How I wish you knew how ny heart was shaken when you said Sero's name. I thought, it's fine since I didn't like you anymore so I acted as your wingman. I pushed you to Sero but everytime you were out with him I'm restless. I couldn't help thinking what if you wouldn't spend time with me anymore? What if you really like him?"

You were shaken. You didn't know Kaminari was thinking of this while you were with Hanta. You didn't expect it.

"I wanted you to be with Sero fast because I thought if you are together with him then these feelings will fade. I thought it was just a happy crush back then but I realized that it was more than that. I was happy everytime I wait for you so we can walk to class together. I find myself staring at you as you play the claw machine and getting annoyed when you didn't get anything. I find myself wanting to wipe the sauce away everytime you eat a burger. I thought those were just friendly thoughts. I even gaslighted myself."

You were teary eyed. You didn't know what to feel right now. You are overwhelmed with many emotions.

"I am jealous Y/N. I'm jealous of Sero. I like you. My feelings never faded. I'm sorry for being such a jerk, I didn't know what got into me. I'm sorry but please believe me that I really like you."

Tears finally escaped your eyes as you sobbed. Kaminari laughed as he watch you cry like a kid in front of him. He took out his handkerchief and wiped your tears.

You just cried even more.

"I was expecting to wipe the sauce of your face first, didn't expect it to be tears." He joked and you laughed.

"Dumbass." You muttered.

"Now you just sound like Bakugo." He laughed. "So, wanna give me a shot? Wanna give us a shot?" He asked and you nodded. Eager.

***