07 : GUM

***

***

"THE TEST WAS HARD, WON'T BE SURPRISED IF I FAILED."

You chuckled as Mina ranted at how hard the test was. Luckily the one week of studying was worth it and you know the answers to the questions. Hope you get a high mark.

Kaminari sat on your table as he let out a sigh. "Was asking Mina for the answers 'cause I thought she studied but seeing her now I guess we're both gonna fail."

You laughed. "That's what you get for not tagging along with me and Sero to the library."

He frowned. "Oh come on now. It's boring there." He leaned towards you. "And I wouldn't want to interrupt with the study date you two have." He whispered and you blushed.

You blushed not because of what he said but because of how he sounds. Kaminari's voice is hot especially when he whispers and gosh you can smell the mint bubblegum he kept on chewing because of how close he is.

Even though you want him close to you, Mina and the others are looking so you jokingly pushed him away as you rolled your eyes at him.

"Why do you chew your gum like that?" You couldn't help but comment.

"Why, how do I chew?" He asked, confused.

"Like a kid." You teased back and he glared at you.

"You got the answer to the problem you were having a hard time with?" Hanta asked as he approached the group.

You smiled and gave him a thumbs up. "Yeah! If it weren't for you I wouldn't have gotten the way to solve it."

He smiled back. "That's good to hear."

"When we have study sessions you don't even talk to me? But with L/N? How unfair Sero." Mina scoffed and you laughed.

"That's because you don't listen to him." Bakugo commented earning a groan from mina.

"I do?!"

Mina continued to complain about the test and Kirishima comforted her while Bakugo kept on commenting which results to them bickering.

"Say L/N, wanna go to the cafeteria? My treat since you helped me to ace the test." Hanta said.

You glanced at Denki and saw the stern look on his face as he watched Hanta wait for your response. You almost forgot about Hanta's presence as you watch Denki chew on his gum with him sitting on your desk with his one hand supporting him by leaning on it.

Denki looked at you raising a brow and that's when you looked away.

You were about to reply when Kaminari suddenly jumped down on the table and his shoes made a loud thud. The two of you looked at him as he chewed on his gum while looking at you two.

"Can't I tag along? I need some food since I'm so down. Gonna fail the test." He said as he hooked his arms on yours and Sero's shoulder.

He guided you two towards the door and you had no choice but to go along. Damn, you would've refused Hanta's offer since you thought Kaminari wasn't gonna tag along as he's playing cupid again but good thing he did. Plus, he has his arm around you and gosh how you love the feeling of it. It's not like this is new to you as he always has his arm around you when walking since you're his friend and it's a platonic move.

You hit him on the side lightly using your elbows causing him to look at you.

"What happened to being a cupid wannabe?" You asked teasingly, well it's not like you're complaining. Having him tag along is the best thing that could happen today- well knowing the answers to the tests also.

He pouted then looked away. "What? I'm hungry and I need free food." He said as he puffed his cheeks.

"Am I your walking bank?" Hanta who headed Denki's response said.

He then took his hands that were around Hanta's shoulders off and pushed his back. His other arms is still around you so he pulled you together with him to the side.

Both you and Hanta eyes him asking what he was doing.

"If you start running you won't be my walking bank anymore." He said and saw how Hanta face palmed.

"Whatever." Hanta decided to let his corny joke off as he decided to lead the way to the destination.

Denki followed still not moving away from you.

You looked at Denki and his face was close to yours. The mint smell from him is still strong, you wondered what type of gum he's chewing. His eyes are pretty even from the side which made you blush.

He was awfully attractive today and you don't know why. Does the gum have some sort of effect that can make someone fall for you when you chew on it? You'll make sure to ask what kind of gum that is so that you can buy some and chew on it, perhaps he'll find you attractive then.

Maybe he felt you looking or just because he wanted to look at you, his eyes met yours and you quickly averted your eyes. Shock as you got caught staring at him. You thought if he saw you blushing as you felt your cheeks burn.

Even though you kept spending time with Hanta you just couldn't seem to catch any feelings for him, 'cause after all this time, I'm still into you, Denki.

***