Revelation

But their paths crossed again, TODAY!

Two months after that evening Ely became pregnant, it’s two months to graduation. She finished college, she told her parents her mistake, but didn’t bother to tell them who were the father.

But his brother, Errol, is not convinced; he’s five years older than her sister. And he used to baby sit her, and he still does. ‘Your voice echoed on my ears more than mom’ that’s what Ely always said to him.

And she knows her sister very well; there is no way she would just do some one night stand, unless that person is someone really special. And as a member of SWAT team in California, Errol would never stop finding the man who ruined her sister.

After graduation Ely moved to her parents. They also live in California, his brother; Errol owned an apartment near his workplace. But he constantly visits them.

While Ely waits for her first born, she spends her time writing novels. “These are great” that’s what her brother Errol told to her “You might want to try your luck and publish your book.”

And that’s what she did. She submits her 1st novel to different publications, one of those publications made a deal. After her book was published Ely gave birth to a daughter. She named her Levy, but she didn’t follow her daughter’s name to Scurlock. It would be a catastrophe if she does; she decided Levy Reyes would be much better.

Her first novel was a success, his publisher Tony signed her contract and with a newborn baby, Ely decides to make writing novels a career. The paychecks are good. Few more years some of her work became bestsellers.

She bought a new house for herself and Levy near her parent’s home. It would be convenient for she left Levy with her parents when she has book signing. Sometimes her brother Errol will come over to her place to take care of Levy.

With her success and getting paid while at home with her kid, she decides to take some short courses on scriptwriting. ‘Just in case’ she said to herself. And after a long wait Ely’s dream came true.

But there’s a lot at stake with her new found career. Her world is pretty okay, her life with her Levy is what she called ‘surreal’; they managed to have a pretty quiet and normal life. She moved on, all she ever cared right now is her job and Levy.

She never told Levy about her father, she’s 3 years old and she normally asks question about her father but Ely refused to talk about that. But when her daughter insists she would say: ‘You won’t believe if I tell you’ and her daughter would just give him a confused look ‘when you grow older I will tell you’ and Levy would stop asking.

But the fate seems not patient till Levy gets older. Her novel that would have an adaptation, Josh Scurlock will play the lead role, and Johnny her producer is Josh brother.

There is no backing out; her three four months bestseller will be taken away from her if she backs out. But her life and her kid will be in trouble. As Ely thought of what would be the best decision to make, her phone rang, and it was her agent Liza.

‘Oh, the evil woman, now I’m in trouble, Great!’ Ely said to herself as she picks the phone.

“Are you a retard? Why did you walked out? Do you have any idea who is these people?”

That’s the series of question Liza thrown to her. Ely can’t help but smile; she can imagine Liza’s annoyed face. She’s not really evil, she’s actually sweet and Ely considered Liza as one of her best friend. Liza became her agent when she signed the contact with Tony. She’s friends with Tony; together they made fortune in publishing books.

“I just need a minute Liz”

“You don’t have a minute, Josh Scurlock is not a patient man, he’s busy, he’s got a lot in his plate and we need you here.”

“Can’t you discuss the details without me?”

“What do you mean?”

“I have an emergency.”

“BULL! Ely, get your brown fat ass here or else…”

“Or else what?”

“Alright, I’ll talk to them, you’re lucky I’m a wonderful person Ely, do you have any idea how hard it is to be your agent.”

“I know, that’s why I love you Liz.”

“I said I’m a wonderful person right?”

Ely laughs softly.

“Yeah, you did, and you are.”

“Well, just so you know.”

Liza hang up, Ely went home. She has to think and make a plan, a strategy to avoid the famous Josh Scurlock.

(Just so you know, Levy & Liza are also a dear friend of mine, another character will be present on the next chapter Director Kyle, he’s also a dear friend. I named them my characters because they’re special to me. Great inbox pals.)

And readers please leave a comment and vote if I deserve one.