Romantic Retardation

Ely looked at Josh, SURPRISED!

‘Why is he asking me that?’ Ely asks herself.

“I’m sorry, that was a stupid question of course you’re seeing someone…”

“I am not.” Ely said abruptly, and she doesn’t know why she did that.

“Good.” Josh smiled.

“Why is that?”

“I feel comfortable now; at least I know I would not step on other toes.”

‘Would,’ Ely asks herself, meaning Josh is indicating something in his mind. Ely scolds herself with the idea. She focused herself with Matt Damon instead.

But Ely can’t concentrate, he can feel Josh presence. Who would not? But the near presence, that is unbelievable.

“Ely”

“Hmmm.”

“Forget it.”

Josh stands up and reaches for the door. Ely left wondering, she followed Josh.

“Where are you going?” She asks.

“I’m going to make a call. I’ll be back in a jiffy.”

But the jiffy went too long, it’s past 8pm, she watched three movies and there’s no Josh. Ely wanted to go out and look for Josh but that would be a little presumptuous. She has no right to do that.

But she’s hungry, she called the front desk and order food, she decides to order for two incase Josh came back; anyway he has nowhere to go too. There is that great chance he will be back.

Ely ate her dinner alone, and then she went to bed. She was half sleep when she heard Josh. Ely pretends she’s asleep. She left the bathroom light and door open, so that if ever Josh come in, it would not be too dark.

Josh took a shower, and then he occupied the other side of the bed.

‘What the heck is he doing?’ Ely asks herself.

Josh slightly moves towards her, his body reach her back; Ely closed her eyes firmly, when Josh wrapped his arm around her Ely held her breath, and then Josh gently kisses her on her hair, then on her neck.

Ely remembered what Josh said to her this morning:  “Can we just spend the moment with “who” we are and not “what” we do, you know like kids on a park, they talk to someone and they get along and played together, just like that.”

‘This is definitely not what kids do at the park.’ Ely warns herself.

She faces Josh and said:

“What are you doing?”

“I want you beautiful.” He whispered in her ears while he gently kisses her.

“Josh”

“Shush.”

And maybe it was the cloak of darkness that concise her romantic retardation, Ely gave in, she made love to Josh. TWICE!

When she woke up that morning Ely was embarrassed. Josh arms and his left thighs are wrapped around her naked body.

‘I really am stupid’ Ely whispered.

She gently moves for she doesn’t want to wake Josh. He moaned a little then move his body on the other side of the bed, Ely was freed from his arms and thigh.

Ely took the opportunity to get dress, she look at the window. ‘There’s no storm’ she said to herself, the highway would not be passable but she would take her chance.

It’s better to be stuck on her car than to be with Josh, after what happened she doesn’t have the courage to face him. She maybe a virgin but that won’t justify her act. She made love to a total stranger.

Josh might think she’s cheap, and she only did that because he is “the Josh Scurlock” and not the Josh she’s with. And Ely doesn’t have enough strength to explain.

“Goodbye Josh Scurlock.” Ely said before she closed the door.

And she left, hoping their paths would never cross again.