Torn Between Two Lovers

The next evening:

Kyle picked Ely, he said he discovered this restaurant called Alexandra's kitchen. It's been open for five years and rumor has it that the restaurant not only served good food and fine wines but it also rumored that when a man bring a woman to that place it means that the man is serious and/or the wedding bells are coming.

"I've heard that restaurant." Ely said. "It's own by Alex Merrill wife of the famous banker Ace Merrill."

"What else do you know about that restaurant?" Kyle asks he's nervous.

"Nothing else." Ely smiled, she felt Kyle's nervousness and she knows what it means why Kyle is bringing her to Alexandra's Kitchen. They've been dating for almost three months now and she knows how pure was his intention to her but he doesn't want to humiliate Kyle if she tell more about the restaurant.

They are about to leave when they heard the doorbell.

"Expecting someone?" Kyle asks.

"No" Ely said abruptly but she knows already who is at the door.

Ely opened the door and as expected its Josh Scurlock.

"You look beautiful" Josh said with a smile on his face then he looked at his watch and said "And you're on time."

Ely pout a little while she glared at Josh.

"Don't sulk" Josh said "It would ruin the evening! That lavender chiffon evening dress looks great on you." Josh looks down and compliment her stiletto shoes "I love your shoes." Then he turns his eyes back on her face and said "And your evening make-up and curly hair suits you." Josh admires the beauty in front of him.

"Who is it?" Kyle asks.

"Who is that?" Josh also asked, he was confused then suddenly Kyle appeared at the door.

"Josh, what are you doing here?" Kyle is surprised.

"I'm..." Josh looked at Ely then turns his look at Kyle; it looks like they are going out. Josh clears his throat and said "I will take Ely to dinner."

Kyle look at Ely confused "I thought you said we are going to dinner?" Kyle emphasized the word 'we'.

"No, she's going to dinner with me." Josh said abruptly "I think there was a misunderstanding because Ely here agreed to have dinner with me tonight."

Ely looked at Kyle "I didn't agree to have dinner with him tonight."

"Oh yes you did." Josh said "Yesterday morning when we had breakfast with Levy, remember?" Josh look around the house looking for Levy "Where is she by the way, I wanted to say hi."

"He was here yesterday?" Kyle asks Ely.

"I don't know how he gets in, I woke up and he was in my kitchen." Ely answered.

"Your kitchen?" Kyle crossed his arms and stands straight.

"I made breakfast for Levy and her." Josh wink at Kyle.

Kyle looks at Ely firmly. "He made you breakfast huh?" Kyle doesn't like the idea.

"He was trespassing! I don't know how he get in my parents let him in but personally he is not welcome here." Ely explained things to Kyle.

"And you agreed to have dinner with him?" There is aversion on Kyle's tone.

"I didn't agree to have dinner with him." Ely emphasized every word she said.

"Yes you did!" Josh butts in.

"No, I didn't!" Ely raised her voice.

"You did!" Josh replied.

"Didn't!" this time Ely had her eyes widely opened.

"Did!" Josh insists.

"I didn't say yes" Ely turned to Kyle "He said he won't take no for an answer, this jerk presumed I will go to dinner with him, but obviously I won't that's why you are here." Ely is starting to be annoyed.

"Well maybe you forget to tell that to him because he won't be here if you made it clear that that you won't go with him." Kyle answered back.

"He won't take no for an answer." Ely insists.

Kyle is about to answer but Josh interrupts him.

"I'm here" Josh raised his left hand. "In case you forget, I can hear every word you said...both of you."

"And why are you still here?" Ely is obnoxious.

"Because we are going to dinner, I mean the two of us, not we...the three of us, just us, you and me." Josh delivered a teasing smile "And I wouldn't take no for an answer."

"See!" Ely look at Kyle and motions her hand to Josh "That is exactly what I dealt yesterday."

Kyle took a deep breath while he put his hands on his pocket and said:

"I think you two needs to talk."

"Kyle, come on." Ely is trying to convince Kyle.

"Kyle..." Josh blocks Kyle "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to ruin your evening but I'll just talk to her."

Kyle looks at Josh, he can sense Josh sincerity.

"And with regards to breakfast yesterday morning" Josh continues "Ely had no idea, her parents let me in, and she didn't agreed to this dinner either, I insist because I think Ely and I need to settle some unfinished business."

Kyle looked at Ely, he turn around and said: "Call me when you're finish with your dinner." He smiled at Ely and plant a soft kiss on her cheek.

"I will" Ely smiled back at Kyle.

Before Kyle left he taps Josh's shoulder and said. "Take care of her."

"For you I will" Josh replied and he reached his hand for a handshake. Kyle complies and then he left.