Bonus Chapter 3

📍 Brooklyn, New York | December 2024

A week later the ultrasound fiasco, Sapphire, and Bucky came back.

Sapphire was a lot calmer and comfortable in doing it.

Dr. Rivera confirmed that Sapphire was indeed 2 months pregnant already by that time.

Bucky smirked, knowing when their child was conceived.

10th of June.

It was the night of their wedding day.

They had their first ultrasound and hear the baby's heartbeat that day.

It felt strange for the both of them in the clinic, knowing they made a little person that they'll love and protect as long as they both lived.

After that visit, Bucky became more protective of Sapphire.

He wouldn't let her do anything, most especially go on mission with him and Sam.

It resulted in a fight that Sapphire can still handle since the bump wasn't that big yet. It got to the point where Bucky had to handcuff one of her wrists in a chair when Sam needed him.

Sapphire cursed him but Bucky knew that she can get out of it in a matter of 2 minutes.

Just enough time for him to drive off with Sam.

To add to that, Yori and Bucky are finally repairing their friendship.

Fast forward to 3 more months, Sapphire is now 20 weeks pregnant. Her belly is now round, and it's starting to get hard for her to stand up from lying down.

As Sapphire prepares snacks that afternoon, she can hear the banter between Sam and Buck inside the baby room.

She went up the stairs holding a tray, and went inside the room.

"You're supposed to screw the foot here!" Bucky exclaimed to Sam.

"Okay, grandpa," Sam rolled his eyes sarcastically. "How many cribs have you built?"

Bucky just glared at him, beyond pissed.

"Exactly. None," Sam answered.

"It's a basic structure! It's even in the manual!" Bucky threw the booklet at Sam.

"That's not even the foot," Sapphire interrupted, walking inside.

Bucky immediately stood up, getting the tray from her hands, "You should be resting."

Sapphire rolled her eyes, "I was until I woke up to the both of you fighting like children. And it's just a sandwich."

Sam stood up, assisting Sapphire to sit on the rocking chair before taking his food from the tray that Bucky placed on top of a dresser.

"Thank you," both men began to eat.

"So," Sam cleared his throat. "You know what you're having yet?"

"No," Sapphire replied. "Bucky is dead set on our kid being a boy."

Sam chuckled, "She's a girl."

"A boy," Bucky corrected him.

"Oh, yeah? You're a psychic now?" Sam challenged him.

"I've seen it, alright. And is that your kid?" Bucky retorted.

Sam narrowed his eyes on Bucky.

"Exactly. He's not," Bucky said smugly, throwing Sam's words back at him.