Chapter 25

📍 Madripoor, Southeast Asia | May 2024

Sapphire and Bucky continued to attack each other until Bucky caught her throat, pushing her backward. Before he could slam her down, she rose her legs, digging her knees to his abdomen and halting Bucky's actions.

Sapphire felt the edge of the counter dug on her lower back as they had each other by the throat.

The both of them were giving murderous glares to each other. But their eyes reflect each other. Both of them can see the reflection of each other's want to rip each other apart in lustful ways.

Cocking of guns was heard around them.

"Stay in character, or the whole bar turns on us," Zemo whispered to the both of them.

Sapphire's steel eyes pierced through the blue ones of Bucky, keeping up with their glare to each other while heaving.

"Well done, Soldier," Zeme spoke in Russian.

"Selby will see you now," the bartender said as Bucky and Sapphire lets go of each other's throat. "Join them, Angel of Death."

She straightened her dress, scowling at Bucky in character.

"Thank you," Zemo said, following the man, and so was Sapphire.

"You good?" Sam asked Bucky, who exhaled sharply.

It's not only the fact he has to act like a Winter Soldier but also fight the woman he loves even though he had her consent and it was all just an act.

They walked through a hallway until Selby welcomed them, seated on the couch.

"Hi, Angel," she grinned at Sapphire. "Still such a pretty and dangerous face. Always causing trouble around here."

She remain emotionless beside Bucky opposite to where Sam was.

"You should know, Baron. People don't just come into my bar and make demands," Selby said while Zemo took a seat.

"Not a demand. An offer," Zemo corrected her.

"A lot has changed since you were here last. By the way, I thought you were rotting away in a German prison. How did you escape?" Selby asked.

"People like us always find a way, don't we?" Zemo replied. "I'm sure you've already figured out what I'm here for."

"You're taller than I'd heard," Selby looked up at Sam, who stood at her right. "Smiling Tiger."

She purred with her hands, motioning claws. "What's the offer?"

"Tell us what you know about the super-soldier serum," Zemo stood up and rounded Bucky. "And I give you him, along with the code words to control him, of course."

He played with Bucky's chin much to his annoyance, "He will do anything you want."

Selby had a huge grin, "Now that's the Zemo I remember. I'm glad I decided not to kill you immediately. Yeah, you were right to come to me."

Zemo smiled, sitting down again.

"Arrogant, but right," Selby added.

Sapphire gave a side glance to Bucky and shifted it to Sam, who is standing stiffly. She rose a brow at him subtly, telling him to get his shit together. 

Selby is already suspicious of him.

"The super-soldier serum is here in Madripoor. Dr. Wilfred Nagel is the man you wanna thank. Or... condemn," she added. "Depending on what side of this you're on. The Power Broker had him working on the serum, but... things didn't go as planned."