Chapter 30

📍 Riga, Latvia | May 2024

"I heard what became of Sokovia," Zemo spoke, leading the three to a small apartment in Riga. "Cannibalized by its neighbors before the land was cleared of rubble, erased from the map."

"I don't suppose any of you bothered visiting the memorial?" Sam asked.

Sapphire didn't missed the ball that was beeping on the ground. She gave a side glance at Bucky, who nodded slightly, letting her know that he's going to deal with it.

She shifted her head down the other street, telling him there's another one.

They came to collect.

"Of course not. Why would you? We are here," Zemo pointed at the door.

"I'm gonna go on a walk," Bucky announced.

"You good?" Sam asked.

"Yeah. I'll see you guys in a bit," he replied before the other three went in.

He walked down the streets and got the beeping devices. Bucky stopped on a deserted street. "You dropped something," Bucky held up the balls.

He turned around in every way until he felt the presence of Ayo, "I was wondering when you were gonna show up."

"How could you free him?" She asked him with venom laced in her tone.

"We need his help," he answered.

"With time, will, and the resources," Ayo rounded him. "The Winter Soldier programming was removed from you like rotten fur."

"And I'm grateful for that," Bucky replied. "I'm grateful for everything you and Shuri have done."

"Zemo murdered our King T'Chaka at the U.N. The man who chose us. Who chose me to protect him," Ayo added.

"I understand."

"Very little, if anything, of our loss and our shame," she continued.

She spoke in Xhosa, "Eight hours, White Wolf. Then we come for him."

Bucky agreed as he watched Ayo walk away. He sighed and headed back to the apartment where Sapphire was seated on the couch.

"What did they say?" Sapphire spoke the moment Bucky stepped foot in the room.

"Who's they?" Sam asked in bewilderment.

"Well, the Wakandans are here. They want Zemo," Bucky informed. "Bought us some more time."

"Were you followed?" Sam queried.

"No."

"How can you be so sure?" Zemo stepped out of the bathroom.

"'Cause I know when I'm being followed," Bucky answered.

"It was sweet of you to defend me at least," Zemo said.

"Hey, you shut it. No one's defending you. You killed Nagel," Sam retorted.

Sapphire rolled her eyes and got her phone to check on the news. She furrowed her brows and sat up straight, seeing the news articles. 

"Do we really have to litigate what may or may not have happened?" Zemo asked.

"There's nothing to litigate. You straight shot the man," Sam reminded him.

"Sam," Sapphire called out, looking at her phone.

"What?"

"Karli bombed a GRC supply depot," she told him.