31

tw;; fluff, tooth-rooting fluff

.: {🐝} :.

you'd nearly thrown your phone across the room the instant you pressed call. with shaking hands you bit your lip, anticipation bubbling up in your chest as anxiety began to take it's hold over your mind. immediately, you began to regret your decision… perhaps this was something you should do in person? i mean, confessing your love over the phone was kinda lame, right?… maybe you shouldn't do this--

just as you were about to hang up, the call picked up. you felt your breath hitch. "hello? Y/N?" his voice, crackly and overlayed with distant bird song broke the silence of your room. you couldn't do this. "h-hi tommy." you fiddled with your fingers, quickly becoming more aware of the reality of the situation. "why did you….i-i mean i'm completely fine with you calling me but… why did you?" your heart melted as he nervously mumbled to you; you'd missed him so much.

"oh.. um.." tears began to swarm your vision as your stupid heart soared at the fact that the two of you were finally talking. you clenched your fist into your chest, taking a deep breath; you needed to do this. "Tom Simons, i have something i need to tell you." you placed the phone down in front of you, readying yourself to say everything you'd been kept locked up for the past few weeks. you heard shuffling from his end, as if he were adjusting himself, before silence overtook the call again. you took it as a sign to continue.

"even though it feels like i barely know you, something in me keeps screaming to run after you. your stupid fucking laugh makes me feel like i'm walking on air, and that damned smile melts my heart. you're fucking annoying and dumb and i just wanna kiss you on the mouth every time you look at me. i think, even before i had my accident, i've always felt this way about you. i'm sorry i've been distant, i thought if i ignored them then they'd go away. but they didn't… instead i hurt you in a way i never wanted to, and also myself. i know you're straight, so i'm sorry for dumping this all on you but i need to get it off my chest; i like you tom! i like you so fucking much!"

you were crying at this point, sobs cracking your voice as ugly tears and snot cascaded down your face. you tried your best to cry quietly, but the pain was too much. as you heaved and sniffled, you waited. for any sound of acknowledgement, anything… but nothing came.

it was quiet on the other end of the call for a moment, before a slight shuffle that turned violent with wind blasting against the microphone. you jumped back at the startling sound. was he running?

"give me a few minutes Y/N, i-i'll call you back!" tommy huffed into the mic before the line went dead. you sat there, looking at your phone dumbfounded.

what the fuck.

_________

tommy was running faster than he thought he could ever go, thousands of emotions pounding throughout his heart as his mind set him on one path. why did he have to go on a stupid walk!?

he completely ignored his mother's call after him as he raced past the door. college would have to wait. he ignored the fact that he had absolutely no driver's license and only knew some basic pointers on driving, and set the car into neutral. the motor rumbled underneath his feet as he pulled out of the driveway, his mother yelling after him to get out of the car. he'd have to apologize to his parents later.