>>Epilogue (Part I)<<

Warning:- This chapter contains smut written by an amateur author. You have been warned.

Namjoon got his letter of acceptance back. He was back into the police force. He raided Jeon's company and mansion. He collected all the sufficient evidence needed to put Jungkook's dad behind bars.

The truth was shocking and turned Korea's news stations upside down. Jungkook's dad was acquitted of obstruction of justice, fabricating evidence and also manipulating the police force.

The man wanted to fight back. And he did. He also hired one of the finest lawyers in the entire country.

But the moment he saw his son in the court sitting with interlocked fingers and head hung low.

His ego, his urge to fight crushed him down to the floor. The man just couldn't stand the looks in the eyes of his son.

The look of betrayal. The feeling of guilt that engulfed Jungkook.

With one long exhale of breath, Jeon accepted his crime. The judge re-confirmed. But his answer didn't change.

He just couldn't.

Jungkook's dad's sentence was reduced because the man accepted his crimes on his own and was sentenced to 10 years of imprisonment.
____________

The younger didn't speak for days after the incident. He wasn't sure if Tae will ever forgive him.

The crimes that his dad committed were unforgivable. And the amount of pain that Tae kept inside him for so many years tormented Jungkook.

If Jungkook was being honest, he did feel bad when his dad was imprisoned. He did wish if there was a way to pull his dad out. Because no matter what, he was his father. He was his only person after his mom left. He wanted to forgive him and accept him back in his life.

Jungkook was confused. He wanted to feel the affection at least once. And when he did after that one call from his dad.

He craved for more.

Also being the reason he didn't want to see or speak to Tae. He needed time. Time to figure out his emotions. Time to sort out his messed up life.

_____________

Knock knock

Tae squinted his eyes open as he heard the knock. He plopped down and dragged himself towards the door rubbing his half-sleepy eyes.

It was raining heavily outside. The windows of the room shuddered every time the thunder broke out. Tae moved closer to the door and placed his hand on the knob, "Who's it?"

"Tae-tae," a raspy voice spoke up after a few seconds of silence.

Tae immediately opened the door on recognising the voice.

The silver-haired male waited for weeks. Weeks, for Jungkook to return. The number of calls that he did to reach out.
All went in vain.

The boy feared that the younger left him for good. That he doesn't love him anymore. It broke him. But he didn't accept it. He wanted to wait a little longer. A little longer didn't hurt.

His eyes brimmed in tears as he finally caught a glimpse of Jungkook standing in front of his door. He furrowed his eyebrows as he scanned the male in front of him. He was completely drenched in rain, his eyes fixed to the floor. He had a drooping posture with one hand on the doorframe breathing heavily.

"Where did you go? I thought you left me." Tears threatened to leave Tae's orbs.

Jungkook slipped down and fell right on his knees burying his face in his hands. Tae instantly kneeled and held the boy's shoulder to stabilize him.