✾Fate✾

Fate

The development of events outside a person's control or a predetermined course

~•~•~•~•~•~

"You! Are you Jeon's son?" The man asked in a husky deep voice leaning forward to smell the man before him.

Tae's heart started racing as the man kept leaning closer. He wanted to escape from here. He slowly traced his hands behind his back to find something! Anything.

Tae's eyes widened when his fingers brushed past a glass. He wasted no time in picking it up and hitting it right against the man's head who was busy sniffing Tae.

"Ahh!" The man in the black jacket screamed on top of his lungs holding his head with his palms.

Tae used this opportunity to run. He ran upstairs tumbling on a few stairs, tears threatening to leave his eyes. He rushed into his room and shut the door tight. He quickly dragged a heavy wardrobe to place it against the door.

But, the man was quick and witty. He managed to see Tae running upstairs and smirked as he followed him.

Tae sat down, all scrunched up against the wardrobe trying to hold onto the necklace.

Fuck!

Tae's eyes widened as realised he dropped the only memory of his mother. He tried to close his nose with his palms, trying to be as quiet as possible.

But, fate has its own twists.

The train of memories of that day hit Tae at lightning speed leaving him all exhausted and nauseated. The walls spinning around him, the scenes appearing and disappearing in front of his eyes. Tae was losing the connection between present and past.

The knife in the man's hand triggered Tae. The stabbing sounds were heard very loud and clear. The screams of his mother echoed in his ears. He couldn't hold it anymore. Tae shut his eyes tight, cradling himself back and forth, screaming on top of his lungs, pulling his ears as wildly as possible.

The man slowly kept small steps checking every door that comes in the way until his leg stepped on something. He lifted his leg to pick the 'thing'.

He narrowed his eyes as he scanned the accessory. He opened the pendant using his two fingers. Only to be invited by a picture of a woman he killed long back. His hands lost their grip making the necklace fall back on the floor.

He blinked his eyes a few times to process the situation.

Why was the guy having a necklace of his dead wife?

What was his relationship with her?

The man's eye's turned dark as rage was filling inside his blood.

The main reason the man tried to kill Tae when he was young was that he believed that the kid was getting, way more attention from his wife. He was super obsessed with her.

And when she fled away from the house. He felt betrayed. He believed that his wife cheated on him. And that it was only right, to kill her.

But, now he wanted to kill this man who held a memory of his late wife. Not, realising it is his own son.

"Who the fuck are you?" The killer growled as he kept banging on the door which was locked.

But, Tae stayed put, still screaming unable to hold back the stabbing pain in his head.

"I said open the fucking door, you slut!" The man sneered as he turned halfway to push open the door.

He paced around to find something heavy to break the door.

After multiple searches, the black-jacketed man found a fire extinguisher and began hitting the door with all his might.