✾Debt✾

Debt

a feeling of gratitude for a service or favour.

~•~•~•~•~

Weeks had passed and Yoongi was already doing better without his medicines. Because every time he would try to overwork, Jimin would interrupt him with some delicious food and his crazy lame-ass rap lines which would never fail to make Yoongi laugh.

He was actually feeling a lot better after Jimin had come into his life. The boy had rented a room adjacent to Yoongi's apartment. The reason still being a mystery.

The brunette would stick by the elder's side all day, running back and forth between work and feeding him meals.

Yoongi was always curious about Jimin but never had the chance to ask. Because every time he tried to, the brunette would just shrug the topic. He loved the chubby kid's presence in his house. It brought vibrant colours to the dull grey walls.

His soft wide smile with that slightly crooked front teeth would swell his heart with an unusual feeling. Those beautiful brown-tinted eyes would shut to form a fine line of crease every time he burst into loud giggles. Yoongi would be lying if he said he doesn't feel those sparks every time those orbs stared at him with an incomprehensible emotion.

The elder knew he was feeling something for the kid. But, rather kept it in. Because he had priorities in his life.

To become something in life. To produce his music and label it as his. To show it to the world with his brand name on it. To live a life he had dreamed for all his life, fighting all the hurdles that came towards him.

He genuinely wants to confess to Jimin. To express his feelings. To ask him out on a date. But, now wasn't the time. He had to achieve something. Become a person who is stable enough for the brunette to lean on.

________

Yoongi sat on the couch along with Jimin who was arranging some papers related to a new song that Yoongi had composed a few days ago.

"Can I ask you something?" Yoongi spoke up lending a beer can to the boy beside him.

" Someone's curious about me?" Jimin wiggled his eyes while nudging the elder's elbow.

"Jimin, I am serious!"

"Oh okay. Go ahead." Jimin gulped the beer as he looked at the elder.

"It isn't because of rapping is it?" Yoongi broke the silence.

"W-what?" Jimin stuttered.

"What's the actual reason, that you are here?"

Jimin choked on his beer, "Why would you think I have other reasons?"

"Because people work hard Jimin. If you are passionate about something, you keep working hard until you master it. Not joke around and waste your time with someone who barely pays you for working with him" yoongi finished.

"It's because I like you", Jimin blurted.

"J-Jimin, I...we can't" yoongi's eyes dropped to the ground, immediately feeling guilty of what he said.

The purple-haired boy bit his lip trying to hold back the warm tears that were building up in his eyes. He mustered up the courage to shrug off the topic to reduce the awkwardness.

"Okay, I was kidding. Damn! Why would I fall for you-you grandpa who barely can walk", Jimin chuckled dryly swallowing his tears that threatened to come out.

Jimin paused for a minute to look at Yoongi's eyes that didn't dare to look at him. He decided to break the truth.

"The real reason is because I owe you. I am indebted to you! Yoongi." Jimin interlocked his fingers and rested his elbows over his thighs.

Yoongi lifted his head in curiosity to know what the latter meant.

"It was two years ago. My parents didn't give two fucks about what their kid was doing. So, I kind of wanted to grab their attention. To do anything to make them look at me. And, I went on a wrong track. Kept partying, clubbing and just wasting my youth by drowning myself in those glasses of vodka. Never really had a dream. Not until I met you." Jimin paused to see the elders shocked expression.

"I know what you are thinking hyung. But, trust me you changed my life. You were driving a taxi those days. I don't know why. So I just assumed it was for the money. I booked you that night, totally high on drugs and some random piece of shit decided to fuck me without my consent. I tried so hard to push him back but he never budged. And then there was you who pulled me behind you kicking the man in his balls, splattering blood out of his cheeks and drove the taxi out of there taking me with you. You kept scolding me about how unsafe these places are for both men and women. I really thought you were some crazy old grandpa lecturing me. But, I felt contented. I Felt cared and noticed. I felt homely with you that day hyung." Jimin confessed.

There was a complete silence in the hall, with Yoongi trying to recollect the times. He finally raised his body to speak up.

"How did you find me again?" Yoongi questioned, fidelling with his fingers.

Jimin placed his small hand on Yoongi's and gave it a slight press before speaking up.

"It was a few months ago. I went to meet the Jeon for some business meeting along with my dad. You stood there in a yellow checkered shirt, completely tired and sweaty, holding onto that heavy banner all alone. Protesting against one of the most powerful men in the country all alone. Holding onto the last bit of strength that was left in you and screaming your lungs out, claiming your work at the man who stood there staring at you and doing nothing. That's when I made up my mind. To meet you, to hold onto your hand, to lift you up, to pull you out of this misery, to repay the debt that I owe you and..."

Jimin stopped as he saw drops of tears slipping down the elder's cheeks onto his pants as he bent down to bury his head in his hands unable to control himself from reliving those days that he spent in the scorching sun to claim his rights.

"And?" Yoongi managed to mumble between his soft muffles.

Jimin simply drew circles over the elder's back to calm him down speaking nothing.

"To love you."

(A/n: A very long chapter

(A/n: A very long chapter. Hope you liked some Yoonmin moments in the story. Do leave a vote and comment. Thank you)

~Amy~