✾Confess✾

Confess

admit that one has committed a crime or done something wrong.

~•~•~•~•~•~

Beep beep~

Jungkook was so involved in Namjoon's confession, he couldn't hear the phone beeping.

Mr Jeon was now struggling to find comfort. He just needed his son to pick the call and tell him that he is okay. After hours of consistently calling, Jungkook finally picked the call.

"Yes, father?" Jungkook asked politely unsure of the situation.

"A-are you okay?" The old man was struggling to put the words together, unable to hold onto the anxiety hitting his nerves.

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows at the response. After his mother's death, there wasn't a single day when the man managed to casually talk to him. It was either the company matters or the marriage that he was so adamant about.

But today? It was different. There was a concern in his tone.

"I am okay. Father" Jungkook responded.

"Listen here, kook! I want you to stay away from the house for a few days. Don't you dare go there at any cost. Am-I-clear?" The old man stuttered.

'Kook'.

The word was long gone when Jungkook's mother passed away. Was he dreaming? Why was his father calling him 'kook'? This was all confusing on a whole new level.

There was no denying in anything anymore. Mr Jeon knew very well how stubborn Jungkook can get sometimes. He had to break the truth.

He had to!

If only that could keep his son safe.

Keep him alive.

He will confess the truth.

"A killer is behind you and heading towards your house." Mr Jeon was on the verge of breaking down.

"What is that you are hiding, Dad?" Jungkook used his last bit of patience to ask.

"It was me. I was at fault. Forgive me, Kook!"

Jungkook's eyes widened as his dad explained the entire story. His hands started to tremble as the entire truth unfolded in front of him. He felt a mix of emotions towards his father.

Namjoon studied Jungkook's posture stiffening at times, his breathing destabilizing. He slowly approached the young boy and tapped on his shoulder.

"What's the matter? Is everything okay?" He inquired.

Jungkook snapped back to his senses and gulped. "The killer is heading towards the house and the only person that's in the house is-" He stopped in mid-sentence.

It then struck Jungkook's mind that the person who killed Tae's mother was about to encounter Tae in the exact same way.
___________

The silver-haired male slid from one side of the counter to the other side, humming a song that he vaguely remembers from the past.

A song that his Mumma used to sing for him.

Tae felt light. It was as if a heavy burden was lifted off his shoulders. Soft smiled brushed over cute Tae's face as he placed the toppings over his special dish that he prepared especially for Jungkook.

What Tae didn't know was that someone had already broken the security system and was pacing towards him. It took the man only a minute to keep long silent footsteps towards the young laden standing at the kitchen counter back-facing him.

It was only seconds when Tae felt someone's presence. Tae smiled wide thinking it was his Kookie and happily turned around. But, smile faltered at once.

There stood a man with a huge scar over his right eye and knife in his left hand smiling wickedly and tilting his head to the side as he clicked his tongue after checking the boy.

Fear rushed into Tae's body.

"You! Are you Jeon's son?" The man asked in a husky deep voice leaning forward to smell the boy before him.