✾Mother✾

Mother

A female who bears a child. A person who holds the biggest meaning in a person's life. A life that gives birth to another life.

~•~•~•~•~•~

"Omma I want to eat outside". Little tae ran towards his mumma and pulled her sleeve and flashed his twinkling eyes and cute boxy smile.

"But baby, it's too dark outside. How about we go tomorrow? hmm!" His mom fixed her apron and lifted the boy to place him over her lap.

"But, it's my birthday today. I want to go eat outside like my other friends". Tae pouted.

Tae's dad left his son and wife alone in the slump when he went bankrupt. He took his life and passed on the burden over to his wife. From then on, Tae's mom struggled hard to feed her only child while being chased by the debtors that her husband left behind.

She could never afford a restaurant. With a faint sad smile, she convinced her son to cook something in the kitchen. She ran a small chicken store in the shady alleyway.

Tae was too young to understand the financial problems. He simply nodded and tagged along with his mother as she pulled out the pan.

He watched her with big doe eyes, and his lips tried to memorize the recipe written in the Book. He handed her the ingredients one by one when she asked for them.

The boy was keen and quick-paced. He had her genes. He learnt a dish recipe very quickly and diligently even though he was just 10 years old.

Everything was going so well until the door to their small shop opened with a creaking sound in the middle of the night.

The mother's eyes went wide as she saw a man with a knife. He looked like one of the debtors that had barged into her house last time. She gulped.

Tae was too small to look over the kitchen counter. He tried to jump a few times to look at the person. But, his mother instantly nudged the boy down, pushing him into one of the cabinets below the counter.

"Tae-ah, mom wants you to stay here. No matter what happens. Dont come out! Can you promise me that?" his mom caressed the young boy's cheek before quickly placing a phone in the kid's hand.

"If something bad happens press the 'green' button and ask for help. My smart Tae will do that. Wouldn't he ?".

To Tae, it felt like a game. So, he simply nodded while flashing a smile to his only warm person. It was only minutes after Tae hid into the small dark cupboard below the sink, he heard loud shrieking sounds.

"Ahhh!" His mom screamed. Tae's eyes went wide. He decided to go out.

Dont come out!

Tae was reminded of the promise, so he stayed put. He could hear the sharp stabbing sounds. His mom's screams becoming louder and louder as the seconds passed by.

The boy trembled in fear. He brought his knees closer trying to hide as good as possible. He pulled his ears in frustration, but his mother's cries were making it impossible.

The boy quickly pressed the button and whispered 'help' in the call. He heard the door shut in a hurry. But, Tae didn't go out. He just couldn't. He couldn't hear anything anymore. He was mortified. His mother's cries were still livid in his brain.

About 30 minutes later, the police entered the scene. The lady was in a pool of blood with multiple stab wounds. The officers scanned through the entire shop until one of them found Tae in one of the cabinets completely traumatized and immediately took him to the hospital.

 The officers scanned through the entire shop until one of them found Tae in one of the cabinets completely traumatized and immediately took him to the hospital