Unimaginable

I wake up in the morning in an empty bed. Aleah's still asleep, or else she'd be whining in her crib. I slip on a shirt and I walk out of the room to find Vixen's office door closed with light coming from beneath the door. I walk in and he has a pained expression on his face.

"Vixen, what's the matter?" I say, walking behind his desk to sit on his lap. He doesn't say anything as he sits there, staring off. "Vixen, you can talk to me, I promise." I reassure him as I rub his cheek, standing next to him.

He suddenly starts crying, making me walk in front of him to straddle his lap and hug him back.

"Let it out baby. Let it out." I say, letting him cry on my chest. He hugs me tight, burying his face in my shirt. I run my fingers through his hair, soothing him, and he starts to sniffle, calming down while he lets me go. "Can we talk now? Do you want to talk about it?" I ask him, raking my fingers through his hair, pushing it back from his face.

"There was a... a bombing in Las Vegas. I uh... Mom didn't call me today like she said she would and I got worried. Turns out my parents were in the building that was bombed, hosting a party, and they were two of the three hundred people who died there." he says, lighting a cigarette and smoking it.

"Wasn't Leo there with them?" I ask.

"He was supposed to be. Instead he was busy fucking on some girl from the party." he says, his anger surfacing.

My heart drops and I start to tear up, tears falling from my eyes. "So... Daxine, she's.." I say, not wanting to finish the question.

He nods his head and I start to cry for him. At the same time, I'm crying for the fact that she's gone. Even when Finn and Vixen weren't the best to me, she was there. She was so kind and would never hurt a fly. Vixen and his father were finally in a good place, and all of a sudden, this happens.

"There's something else." he says.

"What?" I say, wiping my eyes.

"There was a spray painted face with a scar through the eye in the middle of the room at the scene."

My eyes go wide.

"Scarface? But you killed him." I say, confused.

"Yeah, and his goons are retaliating." he says, pressing his cigarette between his lips.

I sigh, shaking my head. "I'm so sorry, Vixen." I say, looking sympathetically at him.

"Don't look at me like that." he says as he smokes.

"Like what?" I ask.

"Like you pity me." he says back.

"Vixen it's okay to-"

"It makes me feel weak. I don't like that."

"You're always weak around me. Not in that way, but you're vulnerable. It's okay to be vulnerable around me, Vixen, we're about to get married in ten months for God's sake. And being vulnerable isn't being weak. You're just letting your walls down and letting me in, being vulnerable enough for me, even if not all the way. I thought we were already past this." I say, a small frown on my face.

He puts out his cigarette, then he grabs my face and kisses me, putting his forehead to mine as he rubs the arch in my eyebrow.

"I'm sorry. We are. We are, I swear, we are. I'm sorry." he says, kissing me over and over again.

When he pulls away, I can hear Aleah whining. I kiss him once more and then I get up to go to Leah's room. "Let's go make breakfast." I say, holding my hand out to him. He gets up and grabs my hand, then we go to Aleah's room and we get her up, then we go downstairs to start on breakfast.

Vixen holds and kisses the baby as I cook breakfast for everyone, then there's a ring at the door.

"Boys! Can one of you get the door!?" I ask, yelling from the kitchen.

"Yup! I got it!" Kayno yells from the living room. I hear the door open and then Kayno calls for Vixen.

I turn everything off and I follow Vixen to the door and Leo's standing there with bags.

"Vixen." Leo says with a nasty grin.

"Where the hell where you when that place got bombed, Leo? You know our parents died? Huh?" Vixen says, getting angry. Aleah starts to fuss and it causes Vixen's eyes to shoot to her, making sure she's okay.

"She had the baby?" Leo says, completely avoiding the question.

"Fuck off, Leo-"

"Just let me in. We've been through enough in less than twenty four hours." Leo says, walking in and hitting Vixen's shoulder with his. Vixen turns around, about to react.

"Vixen." I call out to him before he does something crazy. He doesn't move. He just stands there, angrily watching Leo go upstairs with his bags.

When he disappears, Vixen leaves with a grunt, going to the living room to sit down and cool off. I leave a kiss on his head as he rubs Aleah's back, bouncing his knee and mugging everyone.

"Vixen, listen-"

"Fuck off." he says, cutting Kayno off and leaving to go upstairs.

I let out a deep sigh and I sit down. "He's upset, that's all. He just can't process his emotions the right way, he's trying to recover." I try to explain. The boys and girls nod their heads understandingly and I give them a small smile. "Breakfast is ready if you guys wanna eat." I say. They all get up and go to the kitchen to get plates.

I go upstairs and I check in the room for Vixen, but he's not there. I check in the bathroom in the hall and I go down the hallway to check every room. God, I hope he's not beating Leo. I look in every room, carefully analyzing them until I come across Leo's room. He always keeps his door closed. It's privacy, I know, but it gets weird sometimes.

I walk in and my stomach drops when I look around his room. I can feel all the color drain from my face as I stumble back, bumping into something. I look behind me and Leo's standing there with a smirk on his face. "You're fucking crazy." I say, running to Vixen's office.

I run in and his head shoots up, his eyebrows knitting in urgency as he gets up and grabs my face, rubbing my cheek as he asks me what's wrong.

"Vixen, Leo's crazy. He-he's been stalking me, I'm serious." I say, starting to cry.

I feel disgusting. I feel exposed.

"Kyla, tell me what happened." Vixen says, trying to calm me down.

"Vixen, he.. he has pictures..." I say, feeling like fainting from shock.

"Pictures of what, baby? Tell me." he says, almost demanding me to tell him.

"Me. All of me, everything. Us."

"What do you mean?" Vixen says, squinting, not wanting to believe what I'm saying.

"In the shower... when we're asleep.. Vixen, he has pictures of us having sex from months ago." I say, my stomach dropping further as the truth washes over us.