Hidden

Vixen scans the room for any cameras and he finds one in the corner of the room, one in the corner on the ceiling of the bathroom, one in the shower, and one in the closet. "He had the whole room bugged." Vixen says, sighing and plopping down on the bed, running both his hands through his hair with his head down. "I should've known." Vixen says, closing his eyes with regret lacing them.

"You couldn't have." I say, putting Aleah down and walking over to sit on the bed and rub the back of his neck with my thumb.

"But I could've, Kyla." he says, shaking his head. "The moment you said you were uncomfortable with him, I should've taken every precaution I could to keep you safe, and comfortable. But I made things spiral. I'm sorry."

"Vixen you have nothing to apologize for. You can't carry all that unnecessary weight on your shoulders, it's only gonna stress you. This was never your fault, do you understand me?" I say, rubbing his back with my eyebrow arched up at him.

He looks over at me and smiles softly. "What?" I say, looking down at him.

"I love you. You keep me sane." he says as he lies back, grabbing my ass and pulling me on top of him. "I just need you right now. I'm stressed. Pent up. I need some kind of relaxation." he says, rubbing my ass softly as he turns to his side, turning me with him. As we sit in comfortable silence, he sighs and groans.

"Fuck. I forgot. I've been so busy with everything I've got going on, I haven't made any calls yet." he says, sitting up.

"What? What's going on?" I say, sitting up as well.

"We have a party to go to at ten tonight. I haven't made any calls for dresses and tuxedos, artists and hairdressers. Fuck!" he yells, running both his hands through his hair, gripping it in frustration.

"Get some rest, alright? You still have to go and check on the base so just get some rest and let me handle it for you." I say, not asking, but telling him to.

He sighs and I already know what he wants to say. "Vixen, I can handle it. I'm not pregnant anymore, I'll be fine. Phone." I say, holding my hand out. He sighs and hesitantly gives me his phone. I unlock it and I dial the number for his assistant.

"Mr. Reed, how can I help you?" the upbeat and bright voice says.

"It's Mrs. Reed today, how are you?"

"I'm good, thank you so much for asking!" she says.

It's clear that Vixen is never this polite to his employees. It shows. "Oh, it's no problem. I just need you to make some phone calls for dresses and tuxedos for the ball tonight."

"I figured that's what this was for. And you'll need how many racks of dresses, just to confirm?"

"Four please? Or better yet, make that six just in case."

"Yes ma'am. And you want the same for the tuxes?"

"Yes, thank you."

"Alright, I'll get you your personal artists and dressers for everyone and I'll call back with the times. I'll need eight stylers right?"

"That's correct." I say.

"Alright, Mrs. Reed. It's set. Have a wonderful day!"

"You too, thank you." I say before hanging up.

I look over to Vixen to give him his phone, and he's fast asleep. I put his phone on his nightstand and I slide into bed next to him, placing a soft kiss on his lips and I smile, moving his hair from his face to see him.

I kiss him on his forehead and I leave my lips there as I whisper to him. "You needed this. It hurts to see you so stressed out and tense all the time. I love you." I say, pulling his head to my chest while placing another warm kiss on his head.

His strong hands wrap around my waist and he pulls me closer to him and kisses my lips softly and deeply, his eyes still closed, acknowledging that he heard me. He rests his head on my chest and falls deeper asleep. Aleah starts to cry, so I get up and I fix her a bottle, then I change her diaper before feeding her and lying back down next to Vixen, the baby in between us both.

After a couple hours, Vixen wakes up and its already seven. The artists have already started on my makeup but I haven't picked my dress yet. He comes over to me and stands me up while my makeup artist does my makeup and I laugh at him. "Babe, I need my makeup done."

"I know," he says tiredly "I just need a second.". He stands there hugging me, and I wrap my arms around his neck, hugging him back.

"You're a big baby."

"Only with you." he says, pulling away and grabbing his keys. "I'm heading to the base. I'll be back in thirty minutes."

"Make it quick, babe."

"Yeah." he says, leaving out. After a couple minutes, I get a phone call and it's Jaxon.

"Jaxon? What's wrong?" I say, urgency in my tone.

"Nothing's wrong, Kyla. Are you and Vixen hosting a party tonight?"

"Uh, yeah. Why? Do we need to skip out?"

"No, no. We're coming. We're a part of his mafia now, remember?"

"Oh, yeah. I forgot. Well I'll see you all there. All of you are going, right?"

"Yeah, of course."

"Okay. Love you, Jax."

"I love you, Kyla." he replies, hanging up.

Fourty-five minutes later, Vixen opens the door and he starts going through the rack of tuxedos. When he picks one out, he pulls his shirt over his head and sits down in the makeup chair next to me as the hairdresser starts on my hair.

"Everything okay?" I ask, holding his hand.

"Yeah, everyone's been training all day. It's been a relaxing day. I just hope it stays that way." he says, tightening his jaw.

"Why're you so on edge?" I ask, concerned.

"I'm not."

"You are."

He sighs and shakes his head. "I just don't know what to expect. We're gonna have Aleah with us in public for the first time and I don't want her out there like that yet. And I don't know if there's anyone out there plotting something... I'm nervous."

Nervous? Vixen? That's not like him.

"Vixen, everything's gonna be fine. Just relax, okay? I'll be there with you, and we'll be fine, alright?". He looks at me in the mirror and he nods his head and kisses my hand.