Aisle

Vixen's POV:
As I stand at the altar, my mind races. All I can think about is seeing her. Feeling her, touching her, kissing her. My nerves are on fire as I think about finally seeing her and being able to hold her in my arms again. The scenery is beautiful. It's huge.

I stand at the altar, waiting for her and all of a sudden, music starts to play and the side doors open, the grooms coming from the left and the bridesmaids coming from the right, meeting in the middle to lock arms and walk down the aisle and go t...

I stand at the altar, waiting for her and all of a sudden, music starts to play and the side doors open, the grooms coming from the left and the bridesmaids coming from the right, meeting in the middle to lock arms and walk down the aisle and go their separate ways. Five minutes pass by and Camara's little sisters come down the aisle, dropping flowers as they walk down the aisle. Then those big white doors open to reveal my wife in a huge white dress. She looks gorgeous.

She walks down the aisle with a veil over her face, her brother on her arm as she walks with a bouquet of red flowers. I smile as I look at her walking up to me, her brother kissing her cheek before he lets her go, letting her come to me. She gives her bouquet to Amber and I lift her veil before grabbing her hands as she looks me in my eyes, smiling up at me.

The wedding finally starts when the officiant begins to speak about life long love and other shit like that. All I can think about right now is Kyla and how beautiful she looks standing in front of me.

"The couple will now recite their handwritten vows if they have them." she says.

Kyla smiles and gets a piece of paper from Amber out of her bouquet. She holds my hand with one hand and holds her vows in the other.

"I'm crying really bad right now and I don't wanna mess up my makeup." she says laughing, making the rest of us laugh. "When we first met, I won't lie, I hated your guts. I didn't want to love you. I-I couldn't because of your reputation as the most feared, ruthless, and merciless person out there. I was scared, but you showed me that I didn't have to be. You showed me that people with a bad name like the one you have, deserve love just as much as anyone else. Because they're the most misunderstood people. The most unloved." she says, sniffling and crying.

She continues, patting away her tears.

"And even when we're not on the best terms, or when we're two states away," she says, crying a little harder. "You tried hard to provide for us. You did your best to show me that you could love from a distance. And though everything we've been through was tough, we've always stuck together. Always. You make me a better person in every way. You challenge me to be the best person I can be. You never go a day without telling me how much you love me, and for that I'll always be grateful because you, better than anybody, know how hard it was for me before we met. You helped me trust you. You helped me out of the dark place I was in and it's part of the reason I love you as much as I do. I love you so much, and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you and our beautiful family."

Then she passes her vows back to Amber and looks at me.

"Shit. I don't know know if I can beat that." I say, making everyone laugh. Then I proceed to say my vows. "At first, when I heard that I had to be married to a stranger, I thought I'd hate it, honestly. And I was scared of commitment, just as you were. But you taught me what love was and that loving someone wouldn't hurt. You showed me that the right person could love you and really change you as a person, and that change isn't always bad. You turned a ruthless killer into a father. A family man. You showed me that I didn't always have to hide behind a cold mask all the time with the people I love and care about. You brought out the best part of me and then carried three of the best parts of the both of us. You gave me the best gift a person could ever give anyone. Love. Support. A confidant. And because of that, I'm absolutely positive that marrying you was the best decision of my life. I love you baby. My love for you is infinite. It's forever. Never forget it." I say, kissing her hand.

The officiant proceeds to recite the next set of vows, looking over to me as she says it.

"Do you, Vixen Reed, take thee, Kyla Augestine, to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness, and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do you part?" she asks, looking at me with a smile.

"I do." I say, smiling like a little kid on Christmas.

Kyla smiles as I slide her old ring off, putting a bigger and newer one onto her finger, holding her hands and looking into her eyes as the ceremony continues.

The officiant looks at Kyla with a smile on her face.

"And do you, Kyla Augestine, take thee, Vixen Reed, to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness, and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do you part?" the officiant asks.

Kyla reaches back, letting go of my hands to grab my ring from the person behind her, smiling as she grabs my hand and slides my old ring off, placing my new one onto my finger as I watch her actions mesmerized. She looks up at me with both my hands in hers, smiling hard.

"I-"

She's cut off by a grunt, and the crowd chattering and scurrying, her face turning white as her hands shake in mine. My heart starts to race as I look her over.