Brothers

*Sooo, before we start, when I put whoever's POV at the beginning of a chapter and the next chapter doesn't have whoever's POV at the top, that means it's the same POV. Okay byeee <3.
-

I stare at my brother, anger written all over my face. Why in the hell did he come back?

"Why are you here? Why'd you come back?" I ask, my blood boiling.

"I missed my brother, that's all." Leo says.

"Stop fucking with me." I spit back.

"Still got Dad's anger I see. That's one thing that hasn't changed. Which begs the question of who that beautiful woman is. God, she's a real gem-"

"And she's my fiancé. Fuck off." I say, defensively.

"Wait. Wait she's.. your fiancé?" he says, trying to hold back his laughter. "That has to be arranged because the world would have to be-nope. Even the world ending wouldn't push you to love someone, let alone marry them." he says, laughing.

"Why the fuck are you here, Leo? You haven't been around since you were seventeen, it's been five years." I say, annoyed.

"Okay, fine. I got word that Malcom had come back and I just wanted to check on my brother and mother. And dad. I guess." he says.

Leo's never tried to hide his hatred for our father. His hatred for him is what made him leave. Of course I couldn't follow. I was the chosen heir, I couldn't just up and leave.

"But I'll leave if that's what you want, King." he says, turning around to walk away, until mom speaks up.

"Stay, Leo. I've missed my son. And you've only just gotten here." she says.

I can't put up a fight with my mother, no matter what place I hold in this household. That's a choice I made. She looks back at me for confirmation and I look at her, her eyes flashing with hope.

"If it's what you want, I don't care. You just stay out of my way." I say, looking at Leo.

I yell upstairs for Kyla and she comes down slowly, unsure of whether I actually want her to or not.

I nod my head at her, telling her it's okay, and she comes down and wraps her arms around my waists to hold me firmly as she looks him up and down.

She's trying to read him. God, she becomes more and more of me every day.

"Leo, this is my fiancé, Kyla. Kyla, baby, this is Leo,
my brother." she looks up at me, a dash of anger and shock on her face. "I know, and we'll talk." I say, reading her thoughts.

We go into the living room and the whole time, I feel waves of suspicion coming from Kyla.

"We'll be back." I say.

Kyla gets up and goes up to the room and I follow behind her, shutting the door behind us. "What's the matter?" I ask, sitting on the bed, Kyla standing in front of me.

"Nothing. Why?" she responds back.

"You really think I don't know you? You're usually excited to meet people, shaking their hands, making conversation, laughing, all bright, and with Leo, you're M.I.A. I mean I am too, but that's not like you. What's wrong?" I ask, grabbing her hips.

ArrangedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara