Talk with Dumbledore

(A/N: This chapter will start off as the twins walking through the corridor. Idk, I feel like I add "walking through the corridor" a lot. :P)

Harry and I were walking through corridors. We turn the corner, to find...Justin Finch-Fletchley, lying rigid on the floor. 

I let out a shocked gasp, kneeling on the floor next to him. Nearly-I mean- Sir Nicholas was there too, standing frozen. Harry crouched down next to me. Then, we sensed someone behind us.

McGonagall was there.

"Professor-" I began to panic, standing up.

Harry stood up too. "We swear we didn't-"

The Gryffindor Head of House shook her head. "This is out of my hands, Potters. Mr. Filch, will you take care of this, please?"

Filch came out from the shadows.

"Caught in the act. I'll have you out this time, Potters. Mark my words..." Filch hissed.

McGonagall dragged us away.

𓅓𓆙𓅓𓆙𓅓𓆙

McGonagall marched me and my brother to a stone gargoyle.

"Sherbet Lemon." she muttered. The gargoyle moved to reveal a staircase. "Professor Dumbledore will be waiting for you." with that, the Transfiguration professor left, leaving Harry and me to go up the gargoyle by ourselves.

We entered Dumbledore's office, but no one was there. Harry walked over to a shelf slowly, where the Sorting Hat was, while I studied the bookshelves.

"Bee in your bonnet, Potter?" it asked.

"Well, you see, I was wondering..." Harry started. He glanced at me, and I looked blankly back.

"If I put you in the right house? Yes... you were particularly difficult to place. But I standby what I said last year... you would have done well in Slytherin." it mused. "However, your sister, is doing well in Slytherin, making good friends, and seeming to fit in."

"You're wrong!" Harry yelped.

The Sorting Hat fell silent after that.

He walked over to a red coloured bird. Suddenly, it burst into flames.

Then, Dumbledore entered. 

Seriously, at this time? What the fuck?

"Professor, your bird...We couldn't do anything... He just caught fire." we stuttered.

"About time too. He's been looking dreadful for days. Pity you had to see him on a Burning Day. He's really very handsome most of the time. Fawkes is a phoenix, Harry, Anna. Phoenixes burst into flame when it is time for them to die and are reborn from the ashes." Dumbledore said.

As if on cue, the ashes comes alive and turned into a baby Fawkes.

"Fascinating creatures, phoenixes. They can carry immensely heavy loads, their tears have healing powers, and they make highly faithful pets."

Suddenly, Hagrid came in, clutching a dead rooster. (or was it a chicken...?)

"It wasn't Harry or Anna, Professor Dumbledore!" he exclaimed.

"Hagrid-" Dumbledore was cut off.

"I was talkin' ter them jus' before that kid was found. It can't've bin them!" the half-giant continued.

"Hagrid-" the Headmaster tried again.

"I'll swear ter it in front o' the Ministry o' Magic-" this time, it was Hagrid who got cut off.

"HAGRID! I do not think that Harry or Annabelle has attacked anyone." Dumbledore said calmly.

"Oh. Right. I'll wait outside  then." Hagrid left awkwardly.

"You don't think it was us, Professor?" I asked hopefully.

"No, Harry, Anna. But I must ask you...is there anything you'd like to tell me? Anything at all?" Dumbledore waited.

"No, Professor. Nothing." Harry said.

Dumbledore nodded slowly and looked at me.

"And you, Anna?" 

I wanted to tell him. I wanted to tell him everything. But I didn't. 

"No, sir. I've got nothing to say." I forced out.

Dumbledore knew it. He knew I was lying. Maybe he knew that Harry was lying too. But, he nodded and let us go.

(A/N: Oki, I'm done with this lot! I know, I know, this story's terrible.)

Word count: 575