Learning about the Chamber

(A/N: This chapter will be short. Kinda)

"Ann, do you think we did that?" Gin motioned to the bloody message.

"Maybe. I don't remember anything. But we did wake up with the blood on our hands." I replied. 

"Do you...do you reckon we should ask Tom?" she asked nervously

I nodded slowly. "Yes. Tom has the best answers."

𓅓𓆙𓅓𓆙𓅓𓆙

We were in  Transfiguration Class. I was sitting next to Draco. 

"Could I have your attention, please? Right. Now, today, we will be transforming animals into water goblets. Like so." she pulled out her wand. "One, two, three, Vera Verto." A light shot from her wand, hitting a bird. The bird turned into a goblet. The students stare in amazement. "Now it's your turn. Who would like to go first?" she walked towards Ron. "Ah! Mr Weasley. One, two, three, Vera Verto." 

Ron cleared his throat. "Ahem." he tapped his broken wand on his rat, Scabbers, three times. "Vera Verto." The broken wand makes Scabbers turn into a furry goblet with a tail that squeaked. Almost everyone grinned and laughed.

"That wand needs replacing, Mr Weasley." McGonagall said without a smile.

Hermione raised her hand. 

"Yes, Miss Granger?"

Hermione took a deep breath. "Professor, I was wondering if you could tell us about the Chamber of Secrets."

Me and Draco exchanged surprised glances.

McGonagall noticed how interested we were. "Very well. Well, you all know, of course, that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago by the four greatest witches and wizards of the age: Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin. Now three of the founders coexisted quite harmoniously. One did not."

"Three guesses who." I heard Ron whisper to Harry. 

"Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed magical learning should be kept within all-magic families. In other words, pure-bloods. Unable to sway the others, he decided to leave the school. Now, according to legend, Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle, known as the Chamber of Secrets. Well, shortly before departing, he sealed it, until that time when his own true heir returned to the school. The Heir alone would be able to open the Chamber and unleash the horror within, and by so doing, purge the school of all those who, in Slytherin's view, were unworthy to study magic."

"Muggle-borns." Hermione said.

The professor nodded. "Well, naturally the school has been searched many times. No such Chamber has been found."

"Professor," I said. McGonagall turned around and faced me. "what exactly does legend tell us lies within the Chamber?"

"Well, the Chamber is said to be home to something that only the Heir of Slytherin can control. It is said to be the home of a monster."

𓅓𓆙𓅓𓆙𓅓𓆙

"Do you think it's true? Do you really think there is a Chamber of Secrets?" Ron asked nervously as we walked through the corridor.

"Yes. Couldn't you tell? McGonagall's worried. All the teachers are." Hermione stated the obvious.

"But if there really is a Chamber of Secrets, and it really has been opened, then that means..." Harry said as Draco, Vincent, and Gregory walked by.

"The Heir of Slytherin has returned to Hogwarts. The question is, who is it?" I wondered.

"Let's think..." he glanced at my friends. "who do we know who thinks all Muggle-borns are scum?"

I got defensive. "If you're talking about Draco..."

"Of course! You heard him: 'You'll be next, mudbloods.'" Ron scoffed.

"I heard him. But Malfoy, the Heir of Slytherin?" Hermione shook her head.

"Well, maybe Ron's right, Hermione, Anna. I mean, look at his family, the whole lot of them have been in Slytherin for centuries." Harry reasoned.

I scowled. "So what?" 

Ron frowned in thought. "Do you know anything about this, Anna?" I shook my head. "Then Crabbe and Goyle must know. Maybe we could trick them into telling." 

"Even they aren't that thick," I said.

"But there might be another way. Mind you, it would be difficult, not to mention, we'd be breaking fifty school rules, and it'll be dangerous, very dangerous." Hermione said.

𓅓𓆙𓅓𓆙𓅓𓆙

Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I were in the library.

"Here it is, the Polyjuice Potion." Hermione started to read from the book.

'"Properly brewed, the Polyjuice Potion allows the drinker to transform himself temporarily into the physical form of another.'"

"You mean, if Harry and I drink that stuff, we'll turn into Crabbe and Goyle?" Ron asked curiously.

"Yes." I nodded.

He and my twin exchanged an excited grin. "Wicked. Malfoy will tell us anything."

I doubt that.

"Exactly, but it's tricky." Hermione said. 

I looked at the book. "I've never seen a more complicated potion."

" Well, how long will it take to make?" Harry asked.

I looked up. "A month."

"A month?! But, Ann... if Malfoy is the Heir of Slytherin, he could attack half the Muggle-borns in the school by then!" Harry exclaimed.

"I know, but it's the only plan we've got." Hermione said, determined.

(A/N: Done! I don't know whether to call Crabbe and Goyle, Vincent or Gregory, so I just did the first name 'cause Anna and they are friends. 😐)

Word count: 863