Dobby the House Elf

(A/N: Welcome to the second year! Hopefully, you guys enjoy this book, it might not be perfect. So, I said that this is a Draco Malfoy fanfic. It is! Just, wait because Draco doesn't really appear in the books much and I am TERRIBLE at writing love stories. That's all, bye!)

(Harry's P.O.V.)

It's a quiet summer evening in Surrey.

I was looking at the album the Hogwarts gamekeeper gave us last year. I turned the page to see me with my best friends, Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasley. Also my sister, Annabelle. But we were separated since birth and she doesn't know that I'm her brother. Suddenly, my owl, Hedwig starts to hoot. 

I sighed. "I can't let you out, Hedwig. I'm not allowed to use magic outside school." I said, closing my album. "Besides, if Uncle Vernon-"

"HARRY POTTER!" an angry voice called from downstairs.

"Now you've done it." I said.

I went downstairs into the kitchen, where Aunt Petunia was, making a cake.

"He's in there, Vernon." she said.

I entered the living room, where Vernon was dressing up my cousin, Dudley.

"I'm warning you. If you can't control that bloody bird, it'll have to go." he snarled.

"But she's bored. If I could only let her out for an hour or two-" I started.

"So you can send secret messages to your freaky little friends? No, sir." Vernon scowled.

"But I haven't had any messages from any of my friends or Anna. Not one. All summer." I said sadly.

"Who would want to be friends with you?" Dudley said, bumping into me harshly.

"I should think you'd be a little more grateful. We've raised you since you a were a baby, given you the food off our table, even let you have Dudley's second bedroom, purely out of the goodness of our hearts." Vernon scoffed.

"Not now, bumpkins. It's for when the Masons arrive." Petunia said to Dudley as he reached for a piece of cake.

"Which should be any minute." Vernon motioned for everyone to come to the living room. "Now, let's go over our schedule once again, shall we? Petunia, when the Masons arrive, you will be...?"

"In the lounge, waiting to welcome them graciously to our home." my aunt said sweetly.

"Good. And, Dudley, you will be...?" Vernon turned to his son.

"I'll be waiting to open the door." dudley nodded.

" Excellent." all three Dursleys turn to me. "And you...?"

"I'll be in my room, making no noise, and pretending that I don't exist." I said dully. 

"Too right you will. With any luck, this could well be the day I make the biggest deal of my career, and you will not mess it up." Vernon looked at me scornfully.

𓅓𓆙𓅓𓆙𓅓𓆙

I went upstairs.

"Mr. and Mrs. Mason! Do come in!" Vernon said from downstairs.

I was about to enter our room when I heard laughing. I opened the door. There was an elf-like creature jumping on my bed. "Harry Potter! Such an honor it is!" 

I closed the door. "Who are you?" I asked.

"Dobby sir, Dobby the house elf." he replied.

"Not to be to be rude or anything, but this isn't a great time for us to have a house elf in our bedroom." I said.

"Oh, oh, yes, sir! Dobby understands! It's just that, Dobby has come to tell you- it is difficult, sir- Dobby wonders where to begin?" Dobby said.

"Why don't you sit down?" I asked.

" S-sit down? S-sit- sit down?" Dobby started to cry.

"Dobby, ssh! I'm sorry!" I said. The house-elf started to cry louder. "I didn't mean to offend you, or anything."

Dobby suddenly stopped crying. "Offend Dobby? Dobby has heard of your greatness, sir, but never has he been asked to sit down by a wizard or witch, like an equal." he squeaked.

"You can't have met many decent wizards or witches then." I said. 

"No, I haven't. That was an awful thing to say." He goes to the dresser and bangs his head on it. "Bad Dobby! Bad Dobby! Bad Dobby!"

"Stop, Dobby! Dobby, shh! Dobby, please stop!" I exclaimed frantically.

"Bad Dobby!"

"Dobby, stop! Please be quiet. Are you all right?" I said, concerned.

"Dobby had to punish himself, sir. Dobby almost spoke ill of his family, sir." Dobby said.

"Your family?" I questioned.

"The wizard family Dobby serves, sir. Dobby is bound to serve one family forever. If they knew Dobby was here...But Dobby had to come. Dobby has to protect Harry Potter. Ooh, and Annabelle Potter. To warn them. Harry and Anna Potter must not go back to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry this year." I looked at him, surprised. "There is a plot, a plot to make most terrible things happen." Dobby squeaked.

"What terrible things? Who's plotting them?" I asked, startled.

"Oh, he! Can't say!" Dobby whimpered.

"Okay, we understand. You can't say." I said.

"Don't make me talk. L--" Dobby cuts himself off, grabs a lamp and starts to hit himself with it. "Bad Dobby!"

"Dobby? Dobby, put the lamp down." I commanded.

"Give me the lamp! Dobby, stop!" I managed to take it away and shoved Dobby into our closet. "Get in there and keep quiet!"

Vernon opened the door and glared at me. "What the devil are you doing up here?!"

"W-we were j-just-" I started. Dobby was starting to open the door. I shoved the door close. 

"You've just ruined the punchline of my Japanese golfer joke." Vernon hissed.

"Sorry." I closed the door again.

"One more sound, and you'll wish you'd never been born, boy." Vernon glanced at the closet door, which was opening again. "And fix that door."

I closed the door. "Yes, sir."

Vernon left and Harry and Dobby come out.

"See why I've got to go back? I don't belong here; I belong in your world, at Hogwarts. It's the only place where I've got friends. And it's the only place I get to see my...my sister." I said.

"Friends and a sister who don't even write to Harry Potter?" Dobby questioned.

"Well, I expect they've been--hang on, how do you know they haven't been writing us?"  I realized.

"Harry Potter mustn't be angry with Dobby. Dobby hoped if Harry Potter thought his friends and sister had forgotten him, Harry Potter might not want to go back to school..." Dobby squeaked shamefully as he pulled out a stack of envelopes. 

"Give me those. Now." I said dangerously.

"No!" Dobby ran out. 

"Dobby, get back here! Dobby... Please... No" Dobby was levitating a cake and was floating it on top of Mrs. Mason.

"Harry Potter must say he's not going back to school." Dobby said.

I shook my head. "I can't. Hogwarts is my home."

"Then Dobby must do it, sir. For Harry Potter's own good." He snapped his fingers, and then the cake dropped on top of Mrs. Mason.

"I'm sorry. It's our nephew. Very disturbed. Meeting strangers upsets him, so we kept him upstairs..." Vernon chuckled nervously.

(A/N: That's it! That's what happened when Harry met Dobby. Yes, Vernon and Petunia know about Anna. But like only adults do. mostly)

Word count: 1201