Saying goodbye but not entirely

Hi everyone,

honestly, I am left without words. 

This story has been such a big part of me for more than a year and I can't quite believe that I am here now, finishing up the first book in the series.

Yes, you heard that right, there is more to follow!

As of now, I am working very hard on the prologue of the sequel to this book: "Will we stand still?". I am super excited about it and can't wait to get it up there. When I finally get the cover right that is. 

But this has already been such a journey. I have been spending so much time writing chapters, creating races, shuffling everyone around to make the grid I would love to see and boy oh boy have I cried a lot when things didn't work out when they did. 

But I did it. I have finished the first part of Marylinde's story. 

I am so thankful this isn't the end, not just because I can't say goodbye to Marylinde quite yet as she has become such a big part of my life with writing about her every week again but also because I love how much you love her. Every time someone comments how excited they are about the chapter, or how they can't wait for the next one, my heart leaps and I realise that my writing isn't just my way of coping with some things, one of my favourite things to do but also something that makes other people happy and that is so much more than I could have ever dreamed my book could do. 

And here we are, at the end of a chapter but the beginning of a new one. 

And as I said, I am so excited about the new one. Throughout the final chapters of this book, I have been starting to implement just small things of what is going to happen in the next book. Just minor details of what is going to happen and I am super excited to work all of them out.

I hope you guys will enjoy the next part as much as I know I will. 

Just a small fact about this book that you might not have realised: this book made it that I finally got the courage to tell people I write on Wattpad. I was so proud of this book that I wanted to share it with my youngest sister and some of my best friends. I have been writing on here since 2016 but at the start of this year, I finally let the cat out of the bag of why I write so much and I have to have it on my computer. 

Let this also be a bit of reassurance for those of you who are struggling with your stories but want to put something out there. It takes time. I have been writing for over 10 years now and only now I am starting to really enjoy the process of making something that is good in my eyes. Now, this doesn't mean that it has to take this long as I have had periods in which I was just so annoyed by the fact I couldn't get past two chapters of a story that I barely wrote. Until I discovered the one-shot books on Wattpad and started to write those and I found joy in writing again. Find your way and take it step by step. Don't expect stories that have 100 chapters and are read by millions of people immediately. Take it step by step and enjoy the process of learning and growing. 

Now there is only one thing I have left to say.

Next week: 

Sunday the 24th of October:

The journey continues:

Will We Stand Still?