Chapter 16

Possible trigger warning up ahead? I'm not sure. Just to be sure, I will put it there, starting with two cursive and bold words. In my eyes, it is nothing major, but if you decide against reading it, I will tell you in the comments what it is so you can see if it actually is something you decide not to read. 

I just want to make sure I don't accidentally trigger anything, so I've decided to do it like this. 

Enjoy this while waiting for the prema pj party to start! (this is the link to it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATsby9I2viY&feature=youtu.be)

Second race weekend
Hanoi street circuit, Vietnam

Sunday

Sprint race

"Mary, get your arse out of bed." Freja pulled open the curtains. "The sprint race is today."

"Yeah? So what? I am not going to score points either way."

"If you stay in bed you won't. On top of that, you will lose your reserve seat and your place in the Red Bull program as well as your seat at Prema." Marylinde looked conflicted. Her warm and comfortable bed made her feel safe where she felt the entire world was falling down around her once again, but she had worked her entire life for her seat. The Red Bull reserve position. With a loud groan, she threw her covers back.

"I hate it when you are right." Marylinde got up and took her clothes to the bathroom. "Frej, have you seen your boyfriend this weekend already?"

"No, I have been too busy. I'll see him tomorrow before we fly back."

"Does he understand?"

"Of course he does. He is too busy." Freja smiled at the young Danish driver. "Don't worry about it. The two of us are fine."

"Worrying about you is better than worrying about my career." Marylinde scoffed. "It's pathetic, I know, but I just need the distraction." Freja took Marylinde's hands.

"Just don't interfere with my relationship." She winked. "You'll scare him away." They laughed. "Now, get ready, we need to get you to the track."

"You're right." Marylinde took a big breath and scrunched up her nose. "I hate it."

Within five minutes, Marylinde walked out of the bathroom again.

"Let's go shall we" Together, they walked to the restaurant where they got themselves something to eat and met up with Peter. Together, they headed to the track.

It was already busy at the track when they arrived. Special guests, photographers, journalist, engineers, all of them and some more were already walking around.

"Focus Mary," Peter said, knowing very well Marylinde was doing everything in her power to forget about the upcoming race after the result of the day prior. "You are going to race and you are going to do a brilliant job. You are going to pull it off like you have done last time around."

"Stop it with all the positivity. It's making me want to puke."

"Are you sure that isn't the nerves?" Marylinde shook her head, she wasn't sure at all. "Then stop trying to use your nausea as an excuse for everything else but your nerves."

"I can always try." Marylinde grinned. "I mean, honestly, there is but so much positivity I can take."

"So much of our positivity or positivity in general?" Peter started to laugh, after the story he had heard from Freja, he knew what she was talking about. Marylinde however, didn't have a clue of what she was getting at.