Chapter 31

Hi everyone!

Because I have reached 500 followers an extra chapter, which is a bit longer than usual as well! 

Also, you can still ask Marylinde some questions about whatever you'd like, so don't be shy and put them in the comments! I already have a handful of really fun ones, but I'd love to hear from a couple more of you!

X

Circuit de Monaco,
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Saturday

Qualifying hadn't gone as bad as Marylinde had expected in the tight and tricky circuit that was Monaco. She had expected to be somewhere around p10 but instead had come out on top. Four points in the bag for just doing that.

She felt good with the way the car felt on track and how she could slide past the walls like there wasn't just a gap of a centimetre between the car and the wall. It felt natural and it made her feel like this could be her weekend in which she could finally get the number of points she wanted to fight for and not to forget, the win she was longing for.

It had felt weird in the briefing after the qualifying because there was excitement with Marylinde's excellent job in secure pole with two tenths ahead of number two, Callum Ilott. But Mick had crashed and was forced to start from the pitlane because of the changes that had to be made to the car to make sure he could actually race, resulting in some mopping faces and a busy night. People did not know how to feel.

On top of that, neither did Mick and Marylinde towards each other. Marylinde had still not talked to Mick about the potential fact he liked her in a way she did not see him and Mick didn't want to force Marylinde into talking about something she was not ready for, so neither said a word to each other.

Marylinde stood beside the car, bouncing her leg as she watched the engineers do their thing on the car as it stood on the grid, ready to go. The feature race was about to start and she was looking forward to it.

"Good luck." Callum placed his hand on Marylinde's shoulder. "But let's not repeat the last time we started behind each other." Marylinde rolled her eyes.

"And whose fault was that?" She winked. Over time, they had become able to joke about it.

"Yours obviously." They laughed and Marylinde embraced Callum. "I am sorry for dropping the Mick bomb on you. I'm not even sure he still likes you that way. He was just the first person I came up with. Should have known it wasn't him, but-" Callum looked around. "You-know-who." Marylinde chuckled. Callum had been the one to introduce her to the wizarding world of Harry Potter.

"Well, it's out there now."

"Have you talked to him?" Marylinde shook her head. "You probably should."

"I don't think right now is such a good idea. Before I am in the pitlane, I already have to go back to make it back on time." Callum gave Marylinde a pointed look. She knew exactly what he meant. "But I will don't worry."

"Today."

"Someday." Callum shook his head.

"I will drop by at your hotel room tonight and by then you better have spoken to him or I will drag your arse to his room." He turned around and walked back to his own team. Marylinde knew he was right, but she didn't want to talk to Mick. She didn't want to get the answer that Callum had been right in suspecting Mick liked her more than she did him. She was already freaking out at the possibility, knowing would make it all the much worse. Of course, it was possible Callum had been wrong and they would have a good laugh out of it, but the fear for it being true overruled the possibility it was not.