Chapter 25

IT IS RACE DAY! I'm so excited and am rooting for either Pierre or Charles to get a podium. Or both. And Mick, just for him to show his best in the worst car...

What do you guys think will happen? Let me know in the comments!

Also, do you have any questions for Marylinde, ask them here, I am going to incorporate the questions in a chapter soon!

Enjoy this chapter!

Circuit the Catalunya, Spain
Friday morning,
FP1

With an intense stare, Marylinde looked at what Tobias was doing. He was explaining some of the engine modes to her. She knew of the engine modes and she had been in the simulator enough to know how to use them, but she didn't know how they worked and she was intrigued. It had always been something that had interested her, but there was no time like the present to learn it as it was a brilliant way to distract herself from the upcoming free practice session she was to partake in.

"Marylinde." Freja was weaving through the pit box, dodging car parts and engineers on her way to Marylinde. The last time Freja had yelled something at her was when she had heard Marylinde had talked to Will Buxton. However, Marylinde couldn't come up with anything that would get her to that level of excitement at that moment.

"What's wrong?" The smile on Freja's face, however, told that there was nothing wrong, but quite the opposite. "Or maybe what's so incredibly right?"

"Netflix." Freja stopped, waiting for Marylinde to put the pieces of the puzzle together, but it took too long for her likings. "They want you in Drive to Survive, as in, an interview. They have been running around here all morning, but they want a one on one." Marylinde's jaw dropped to the floor as Tobias started patting her back.

"You're becoming a hot item around here more and more as the time passes." Marylinde laughed.

"I mean, I am hot, but-" They laughed and Marylinde chuckled. "This is insane." The smile dropped. "But that also means they expect nothing but exceptional speed from me later. Oh my goodness, I can't fail now. It can ruin everything!" Now the smile on Freja's face dropped as well. "Or they are expecting drama beforehand. What if they think I am going to fail?! They're just going to make fun of me!"

"Sweety, you are going to be fine. I promise you, you are just the most exciting thing going on right now. No matter how much you could mess up. But I'm sure you won't." Marylinde took a deep breath and plastered a smile on her face. Not in front of a Red Bull team member, she wouldn't show her insecurity in front of a Red Bull team member, she couldn't now. Not as they were willing to give her a chance.

"You're right." She turned to Tobias. "I'll see you in a bit, thanks for explaining this lot. I'm not sure if I understand anything of it, but who knows when it might come in handy."

"Who knows." Together with Freja, Marylinde left the pit box and headed towards the driver room she was using. "I'm going to warm up with Peter, we should be done in half an hour. Meet you downstairs?"

"I'll be transcribing some interviews, somewhere hidden in a corner. Or I might go see Nick at Mercedes." Marylinde rolled her eyes.

"Not in that outfit you are not. You'll stand out too much. Can't have my PR associated with Mercedes." Freja poked Marylinde between the ribs, who squealed and jumped away. "I'm sorry. Of course, you are allowed to go see your boyfriend." Freja smiled.

"Oh gee, thanks." They hugged and the two friends parted ways.

"Hi there Pete." Marylinde looked at her trainer, sitting on the couch, his phone in hand.