Chapter 35

Accompanied by a Monegasque and a Brazilian, Marylinde walked down the paddock. She had brought them along for the weekend for some extra support. Plus, they just wanted to come as well. Arthur would divide his time over his brother and his housemate and Gianluca would remain at the Prema team whenever Marylinde would be at the Red Bull facilities.

"I do have to ask-" Gianluca started. "What is the deal with you and Pierre? We've seen the start with the first date-"

"Which wasn't a date for your information, that one happened just after returning from England last time out." Gianluca narrowed his eyes. He was not informed about the fact that the first one wasn't a date. Let stand that she had had an official one just under two weeks ago.

"When were you planning on telling me that?" Gianluca asked and he looked at Arthur. "Did you know this?"

"Obviously, he stayed the night." Gianluca gasped, unable to utter out a word.

"Who stayed the night?" George placed his slender arms around his best friend and hugged her tight.

"Pierre," Arthur said and George frowned.

"You are horrible at keeping us up to date."

"Can you already hear Lando screaming from wherever he might be how right he was about me and Pierre?" George chuckled, still holding onto her shoulders from behind.

"You are right but that doesn't mean you can't tell me or Alex."

"Can you already hear Lando screaming how unfair it is that I told the two of you and not him?"

"Once again, fair enough." Marylinde nodded and tried to wiggle herself out of his grasp. When that didn't work, she dropped to the floor and out of George's arms to quickly get up and step away.

"I would say I am offended but that was too smooth." George laughed and Marylinde moved to lean against Gianluca.

"Either way, yes, Pierre and I are seeing where things will go and we'll take it step by step. We're not rushing anything. Especially not with the rumours going around about me going to Alpha Tauri, you know, his team, which only has two seats, meaning either he or Tsunoda will have to leave for me to be able to get in." They nodded. "But I'm enjoying things so far." George smiled softly, fully aware of the stress Marylinde experienced in the whole relationship department and the fact she was so calm with it all, surprised him. However, he was more than happy for his best female friend that she finally found someone who could calm her down in a way they as her best friends had never been able to, no matter how much it frustrated them.

"We are all happy for you Mary, just as long as you are." Marylinde giggled and quickly put her hand in front of her mouth.

"Did you just giggle?" Arthur grinned. "I think she just giggled."

"I did not."

"Yes, you did."

"Did not."

"Did too." The two stared at each other. Marylinde was fully aware she was going to win the stare down but Arthur was blissfully unaware of the foul play Marylinde was about to pull. Without him noticing, she managed to poke him in the side, making Arthur squirm away from her dropping his gaze.

"You see, I didn't." George shook his head.

"I have got to go, I'm sorry, no coffee today." Marylinde shrugged her shoulders.

"You do know that since I became a reserve driver, I have been able to get coffee myself again, right?"

"No, I was not updated about your improved possibilities to get your hands on another shot of espresso. But I'm happy to know you just love me so much you are even willing to walk all the way to Williams to see me, even though you are not willing to admit it." Marylinde rolled her eyes but winked afterwards.