Chapter 32

Before starting the chapter, a couple of points I'd like to point out. 

1. You can still ask Marylinde your questions! I have a fixed point in the future where I am going to answer them and you don't want to miss out! (So this message is going to pop up a couple of more times)

2. Thank you so much for 25+k reads on this book. It is incredible and I hope you guys will stick around for the rest of the book as there is a lot more left in store for Marylinde, drama, highs and lows included, so stay tuned!

3. Enjoy this new chapter and stay safe!

The Sunday went just as well as the Saturday. Once again, despite Monaco being a tough track, especially to overtake, Marylinde found her way past multiple drivers to get herself back onto the podium. The only points she had missed out on were the points of the fastest lap in the final race as well as the three added for first place in the sprint race instead of second.

The race back to the top had begun. The three main rivals were standing side by side in the championship Mick leading the three and Marylinde in the back but all three were currently just about topped off by Marcus Armstrong who was so far doing a very well job of being consistently in the points at every race.

Callum had stopped by the Saturday evening to ask Marylinde whether she had already talked to Mick but she hadn't yet. Callum had been furious, partially because of Marylinde who had promised she would talk to him but also because he blamed himself for the rift in their friendship. He knew how close the two of them were and he hated that he had pulled them apart. Marylinde had tried to calm him down, telling him it was not his fault but Callum refused.

The Sunday, Marylinde found a way to avoid Mick for most of the day, the only times she saw him were in situations they wouldn't have a chance to talk about it. It killed Marylinde but at the same time, she was happy she didn't have to face Mick with it. She was scared. Every time she thought she saw him, thought she heard she heard him or thought she heard someone calling out for him, her heartbeat raised and she quickly tried to get away.

She couldn't face him.

When the weekend was over, a few days in England followed with kept her from talking yet again so when she sat in the cab that would take her back to her house in Italy, she still hadn't talked to Mick.

Callum: Good luck Mary! I have my fingers crossed

Lando: Why would she need luck?

George: Sometimes I wonder if you have anything at all in that head of yours or it is just hallow. She's going to have to talk to Mick.

George: You better talk to him Mary, we don't want to see you next time and hear you still haven't talked to him yet.

Alex: She doesn't really have much of a chance to not talk to him. They live in the bloody same house. Honestly, if Lando has nothing in his head, you have one brain cell.

Callum: And you have two.

The corner of Marylinde's mouth twitched slightly upwards before the cab stopped. Nowadays either Arthur or Mick would have picked her up from the airport but she needed the little extra time for herself and hadn't told either boy when she would get back from Britain.

"Thank you." She paid the driver and took her luggage from the boot. Out of the pockets of her jeans, she got the keys to the front door and walked in.

"Arthur, is that you?" Mick poked his head around the door to the living room and the smile on his face dropped. "Mary, hi." Both stood there awkwardly and tears were already brimming in Marylinde's eyes. "Hey, what's wrong?" Mick got over the awkwardness and stepped into the hallway to pull her into his arms. Marylinde didn't have the courage to pull back so she leaned in and rested her head against his chest. "What is wrong Marylinde?" Marylinde searched for the right words. There was no way to ask what she wanted to know without it being totally random and awkward.