Chapter 28

It's Friday then, it's Saturday, Sunday. WHAT?! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it is Sunday so here is the new chapter for 'Last Man Standing'! 

Don't forget you get to ask Marylinde some questions! They will be included later in the book and so far I've gotten a couple that could really, you know, spice things up. If you want even more drama, just send some juicy questions. Marylinde will have to answer ;) 

Also don't forget to remind yourself that tomorrow, two updates will follow! 'Lost and Found' on my account and 'Hopelessly Devoted' at uniquejulia

Enjoy this chapter and stay safe!

Circuit the Catalunya, Spain

Friday afternoon

After a short, but good conversation with Kevin and Romain Marylinde found herself walking back towards Red Bull where Freja would be waiting. Netflix was up next. She felt a lot better, now she had finally started the process of opening up and starting the process of getting back up. Now all she had to do was get through that interview, to make sure she wouldn't be thrown off balance again while she was already so unstable.

"Frej." Freja had a grim look on her face, but it changed to confusion when she saw the relieved and smiling face of Marylinde. "Shall we go? I mean, we can't let Netflix wait, they might just not ask me again if we show up late."

"So you are okay?" Marylinde took a deep breath.

"For now." Freja nodded and together they walked further down the paddock to where Netflix was shooting. They greeted the driver and PR with smiles and Marylinde was quickly worked on by stylists. A bit of powder and a new ponytail and she was ready to go. She walked into the frame and sat down on the stool standing in front of a black background.

"Can you tell us who you are what your job is?" Marylinde nodded.

"It's going to be quite the long list." She joked. "But okay, let's go. My name is Marylinde Magnussen, I am a formula two driver for Prema and I am a reserve driver for Red Bull Racing with a couple of free practices I will drive." The cat was out of the bag, either way, so saying it wouldn't get her in any more trouble.

"When did you get to hear you had the opportunity to become their reserve driver?"

"I was called the Wednesday before the Chinese Grand Prix. I had to come to China the next morning. They wouldn't tell me why. During a meeting in the late afternoon, they gave me the offer. Within a day or so, I was officially their reserve driver."

"Now, you have driven your first free practice. Can you talk us through the progress?" Marylinde nodded.

"Gosh, where do I start." She laughed. "I think it started when I became associated with Red Bull but I won't bore you with the story of younger me, fighting to stay upright in this world, which can be brutal." She swallowed and looked for Freja for support. She nodded. Whatever would happen, she would have someone to lead on. "Going up into formula two, I only need to take one step to reach my first goal, formula one. Red Bull is my ticket there, or better said, their close association with Alpha Tauri. I guess that they saw something in me they think is worth investing in. I am getting the chance to show them I am worth investing in. I hope I set the first step." Freja nodded, proud of everything Marylinde was saying.

"How did it feel driving the car?" Marylinde started smiling.

"It was amazing, the sheer power of the car is indescribable. I've heard my friends say it time and time again and it annoyed me to no end, but now I understand. There are truly no words that can describe how it feels to drive the car." She cracked her neck. "Apart from the fact that if you've never driven it before, you will be sore as hell." She laughed.