Chapter 19

Whoops, a bit late. I had it ready, but just forgot to post. Really sorry guys. 

Hope you will enjoy it nonetheless! 

Stay safe!

"I'm so happy to be home I could actually kiss the ground. But I won't. I don't know where all the people who have walked on the ground have been." Alex laughed. They had just landed in England and were walking away from the plane to claim their luggage. "I am so bloody stiff." She had slept on the flight but had found herself waking up during the landing in an awkward position.

They watched as several suitcases passed them and Marylinde bent forward to stretch her back. She then leant her head to the right, cracking her neck and then the other side.

"Ow!" Alex exclaimed. "That sounded horrifying." Marylinde laughed as she rolled her head, cracking it one more time. "Stop it! I really hate that sound!"

"I'm sorry." Marylinde then noticed her bright red suitcase. She rushed towards it and dragged it back to Alex. "So, is Lilly going to be here?" Alex nodded.

"Her flight arrives tomorrow morning, we were planning on-" Alex stopped talking. "No. You are not going to steal her away from me."

"But I just want to see her for a little! I haven't seen her in at least two months. At least, not face to face." Alex frowned. "We facetime. I love that girl, leave me alone."

"You're going to steal her from me, aren't you?"

"Only for a couple of hours at most, don't you worry, you big baby."

"That Lando is a baby, I understand, but why am I a big baby?" Marylinde laughed, shaking her head.

"After you have made a run for your suitcase, I will tell you." Alex frowned at first but then realised that his suitcase had already passed them and almost disappeared through the wall again. He made a run for it and grabbed it just in time. "Nice job Lex." She laughed when he came walking back to her, a blush on his cheeks.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. Now tell me, why on earth am I a baby?"

"You crave the attention of your girl so much and when you don't get it you start whining."

"That's not-" He stopped to chuckle. "Yeah, that's true." Marylinde rolled her eyes. "Now stop exposing me or I'll leave you here at the airport." He threatened. Alex was Marylinde's ride to her parent's house in the suburbs of London where they had moved after Marylinde had left for Italy. Alex had been dropping her off there every time Marylinde would join Red Bull for a couple of days after a race weekend. He had insisted on it, seeing it was almost on route to his house and Marylinde hadn't complained. Neither did her parents. They loved seeing more of the polite British Thai as most of the times he stayed over for a cup of coffee and sometimes even dinner.

"Mom asked if you would stay for dinner by the way." Alex looked down at Marylinde but shook his head.

"I promised my mother I'd be home for dinner." Marylinde nodded understandingly and took her phone to text her mother they had safely landed and to tell her Alex wouldn't be joining them for dinner.

"I wouldn't mind a cup of coffee, however." He then quickly added before Marylinde had sent the message. "Your mom makes the best cookies."

"I'm pretty sure they are not allowed on our diet, but yes." They found their way out of the airport from which Alex lead Marylinde to his car. 

It was a disadvantage for Marylinde, being in Britain only a couple of days per month. It left her with too little time to drive a car and with too much time for the car to be alone at the airport to get her own car there. Meaning she would always have to catch a ride with someone or take a cab.