14

Down here in Atlantis, there was a legend about the Karathen, an ancient sea monster that was said to be so powerful that even King Atlan feared it. So he imprisoned it in the depths of the ocean. And in this abyss, the creature waits to rise again. Atlantis has been prepared for it.

On the way up to the lodge, through the catacombs, Norvina saw how Mera and Vulko also wanted to go up, and in the same course, heard two male voices. Neither loud, nor arguing. It was in ordinary volume.

There was a time when Arthur, more than anything else, wanted to meet Orm. To get to know his little brother, because he wanted him to know that he was not alone, that they both belonged together. If only Arthur had known what a scumbag Orm would become.

It was exactly the same thing Norvina had tried to make Orm understand. He should get away from the idea of rivalry and realize that they were his family, whether he wanted it or not. It could not change anyway.

For the first time in ages, Orm spoke out what his problem was with Arthur. He blamed Atlanna's banishment and thus her death on him, and he hated him for it ever since. Supposedly, he didn't want to kill him, so he gave him the chance to go home again. In addition, he said he should never come back to Atlantis, because he wouldn't win that anyway. The upper world was in for a war whether he liked it or not. Not to mention, Orm would bring the wrath of the seven seas with him.

It was over. In every sense of the word.

If you've seen one fight, then you've seen every one that follows it as well. The only thing that changed from fight to fight was the competitors, the outcome of the match, and what injuries were sustained. Death or alive was also an outcome that could arrive.

"People of Atlantis, hear me! My brother has come from the upper world to claim the throne from me. We meet his request with ancient tradition. By bloodshed the gods declare their will!"

The same hatred Orm possessed had been felt and inevitably heard throughout the arena. Why, was simple. They were shown the worst of the upper world and of course, Arthur was a thorn in the Atlanteans' side because of it.

To top it all off, the onlookers had to be shown once again by a graphic what spoke for Orm and what spoke for Arthur as well as against them both. A wonderful picture, which influenced the spectators even more. There was no neutrality. Everything spoke for Orm and nothing for his brother. What spoke against Orm and Arthur? Nothing against Orm and everything against Arthur. This suggested to the crowd that Arthur could not bring anything good for Atlantis.

Brother against brother. How badly does a family have to break up for this to happen?

The fight started with the first punch coming from Orm and as expected, it was blocked by Arthur without any problems. This was no ordinary fight. Not at all. Orm may have said otherwise earlier, but this was a fight to the death. Orm would defend his throne at all costs, and it was easy to see why.

Blows were dealt, blows were parried. If there was one fight that was even less watchable, it was this one. Orm had a clear advantage, but Arthur was able to hold his own. Nevertheless, he had to take some punishment. At the latest when the rocks in the arena were destroyed and Orm wanted to push his brother down into the lava, it should have become clear to everyone what kind of fight this was. To the death.

Everyone knew that if a trident was destroyed, the fight was over. However, this was not the case, because after Orm destroyed Arthur's trident, it was not over. If someone had not intervened in the fight, he would now be dead.