11

When I was little, my father said the following. For people, the sea is something like a kind of escape. Over time and years, I have also learned that it holds great secrets and is capable of preserving mine, as well as those of everyone else.

Some plans were doomed to fail, right from the start. Whatever Vulko and Mera's goal had been in bringing Orm's half-brother to Atlantis, it seemed desperate. Many stupid decisions are made out of desperate need, yet it had been expected that this plan would not go completely unnoticed. To their advantage, there was no indication of who was with him and made sure that the brother, after all these years of absence, suddenly showed up.

With sufficient distance to Vulko, Mera and Orm on the meter-high elevation with the throne and the brother, at his feet, Norvina leaned with her body and the head against a wall, of the endless seeming hall, in order to be able to pursue the first meeting of the brothers and sisters, him all peace and undisturbed. Much, very much, about this picture was wrong. First of all, the obvious, namely that Orm had his brother put in chains as if he were a wild animal. In addition, there were the vast numbers of guards who had lined up. Alone, with those two facts, Orm's appearance as king, in golden armor, was secondary.

"Welcome to Atlantis.... Brother. I can hardly believe you're finally here. I've heard so many stories about you. "Earlier, Atlanna's first child was teased by the guards so that he finally woke up and Orm, could address the first words to the hated family member. "All these years, I was ashamed of my mother for getting involved with an upper-worlder. I was ashamed of having a half-breed brother whose heart I wanted to pierce with my trident. But now that you're finally in front of me, I admit.... I am conflicted."

"You want a conflict? Unlock the chains little brother," for this moment, the dark haired man could wait a long time, "Then we'll see who pierces whom."

"Yes, you have our mother's gun with you. Is that why you come here after so long? To kill me?" to prevent a madman from destroying the world, as the big brother retorted, but of which Orm was in no way impressed, "Ah, I see. And how do you intend to prevent the atrocities that the upper world continues to commit? For for a hundred years they have been polluting our seas and poisoning our children. And now their skies burn and our oceans boil. And you take the long way to stand against your own people?"

"There are no sides in such a war," with which the visitor was right, but Orm drew from this that his brother had chosen the side of the people, in that the latter now claimed the throne, his throne, which was not said at all, "If it is necessary to prevent a war."

"Is this the call for the battle of kings?" this could not be Orm's seriousness, causing Norvina to close her eyes and only hear the black haired man say that Orm could call it whatever he wanted because he simply called it an ass kicking, "Well, then that's probably how we should proceed."

"Your Majesty!", Vulko intervened directly and Norvina began to breathe in and out audibly, because it could only come down to this fight and there was no way around this caustic spectacle.

"Orm," Mera now tried to soothe Orm as well, "Please."

"Don't you understand?", it was not difficult not to understand what Orm wanted and what his thoughts, since he knew his brother in Atlantis, revolved around, "If I defeat Atlanna's firstborn son in front of everyone in an official battle, all seven kingdoms will have to admit that only I, can be the true king."

"Your Majesty, it is not a victory to defeat the ignorant," on this point Norvina disagreed with the redhead, for, a victory remained a victory no matter what the starting point, "Your brother is clearly an imbecile."

"Your Highness, he doesn't know our customs," Norvina would disagree with that as well, as Vulko might have taught the black haired man some of them.

"He is about to learn his first lesson," and if Orm had his way, this was also the last lesson, "Are you officially challenging me?"

"Yes, I'm challenging you," on that point, Norvina did agree with Mera then, because Orm's brother was indeed acting like a moron at that moment, "And if I win...."

"If, you win, I will stop all actions. The war is over," too easy for Orm, which his next sentence should make clear, "But if I win.... you're finished."

"Ain't that the word," the big brother confirmed.

"So be it," with that the battle was sealed and Orm's advantage, was not to be questioned, "You challenge me and I accept. Prepare the ring of fire."

Family. Nice.