02 [02]

Whoever's trident is destroyed first emerges as the loser from the fight. An archaic game for onlookers, for the pleasure of the crowd. And in truth, a demonstration of power.

The blows Orm took were nothing compared to those the Prince took from the Fishermen. Blows to the ribs, the skull, or trying to stab with the tips of the weapons were all there. One hit was worse than the other, but the one Orm took a little later made Norvina fold her hands in front of her face. The spearhead of the Fishermen Prince, inconveniently hit Orm in the face where the helmet could not protect him. Seeing or hearing, it made no difference, as hearing was more than sufficient.

Behavior Norvina also began to clap, as the jeering crowd did, and looked up at Orm, who was being celebrated by the crowd. He was completely in his element. The center of attention, the sole focus.

"Pretty bad, if you ask me," but Orm didn't seem to know directly what she meant, which is why Norvina pointed to her temple as she joined him after the fight, "If a scar is left behind, at least it's a memento of you emerging victorious from your first fight. Could well be worse."

"To lose, for example," Orm laughed as he removed his breastplate, but Norvina's face contorted painfully at the sight of it and he turned his head to the side to make sure of the depth of the wound, "I guess I'll never get rid of you, can that be?"

"Do you even want to? Get rid of me? Because every once in a while you need someone to bring you down to earth. "To her relief, it was just a scratch that shouldn't be too deep and as Norvina suspected, didn't leave a scar. "You're.... um, to say the least, not a person who sees the big picture.... wants to see, but focuses exclusively on yourself. 'You know the art of war? 'If you know your enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the battle ahead.' But, if you know only yourself and not your enemy, every victory is followed by defeat.' If you do not know the people because they are not of interest or concern to you personally, then you are not capable of leading them one day. You may become king, but you are not capable of being one. I know your father and you have learned nothing of what he tried to teach you. Losing is not a sign of weakness or a disgrace, but only for you, in your eyes. Learn the difference at last, Orm."

"You are aware of who you are talking to right now, how," it was not in Norvina's intention to hit a sore spot with Orm, but it shows once again that he knew it himself long ago and did not want to admit it or his father, told him as well, "I am...."

"Prince. So? It doesn't make you a better person, on the contrary," Norvina interrupted Orm coolly, which upset Orm even more than he already was, "You asked me earlier why I was here. I wanted to know what happened to the boy I used to care about, but I'd rather not know the answer. Because I don't like it. The pursuit of fame and notoriety is not good for you."

"Then maybe you'd better leave, because the boy from back then, has moved on. You have no idea what it means or entails to be the future king of Atlantis," Orm may be right about that, but it doesn't change the fact that, at least for now and his attitude, he is not capable of becoming a good ruler, "Now that you know you're not going to get what you want, maybe it's time for you to let bygones be bygones and look forward. So my advice is to find a new project or someone to preach your morals and values to. I'm not up for that, nor do I need it."

Sometimes words are abundantly superfluous, because it is quite enough to see it, what has become of a loved one. Not everyone evolves to the positive, but eventually to the worse version of himself.

 Not everyone evolves to the positive, but eventually to the worse version of himself